The discussion and questions about this topic are located here
Fairphone Angels* are active volunteers in your area that offer their expertise to assist you.
Most Angels cannot offer all of the following services. Simply contact your local Angels to find out more!
And as volunteers they’re not always available. So don’t be mad if they don’t answer in time.
Assistance may be given for:
- demonstrating and assisting you to repair your Fairphone yourself
- solving problems online or in person
- demo the Fairphone in person
- sourcing spare parts locally or through group spare part orders (#groupbuy) to keep down delivery costs
- information about community events
- running your own Urban Mining Workshops or how to get involved in the Fairphone Story
- anything else that can be solved locally
You simply need to locate the Angels that are closest to your location and contact them via e-mail. They will then try to give you tips and can organise to meet up with you to solve your problem if necessary. The existing Angels can be found below.
Warning: Please be aware that mails from Fairphone Angels might end up in the spam folder of your inbox, notably in Gmail. We recommend you to check it regularly when you are awaiting a reply from a Fairphone Angel, so you won’t miss an email.
The help provided by the Fairphone Angels is for free. Repairs, updates and advises come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
The goal is for community members to offer assistance to people in their local area. This helps to build local networks of Fairphoners (and wannabe Fairphoners & Supporters) to spread the good word, while assisting the Fairphone Support team by helping to resolve problems. For instance, troubleshooting and assisting with replacing parts is something that is easier to deal with in person rather than via the forum (plus it saves the time and CO2 when sending a phone to Fairphone for repair).
You can become a Fairphone Angel if you are an active community member and want to help other Fairphoners in your area. If this describes you, we warmly invite you to propose yourself by posting here (please add your city/region)! We will then guide you through the setup process.
- A special forum section for specific Angels questions
- Visibility on the #communitymap
- A few other special things
PS.: If there is already an Angels group (a so called Fairphone Heaven) in your area, you are, of course, very welcome to join it!
Angels are typically described as benevolent, dreadful, and endowed with wisdom and knowledge of earthly events, but not infallible (Wikipedia (2017-09-13))