FP1 USB port is broken, looking for a replacement

hi everyone,

my FP1 USB port broke down, so I cannot charge the phone anymore. Unfortunately, there are still pictures on the phone I would like to retrieve :,-(
So I was wondering if anyone has a spare part (a FP1 top module for instance…?) I could replace it with?
Or any other ideas of how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Have a look if there is a Fairphone Angel nearby:

There are various things to do, it all depends if you want to continue using the phone or if you only want to retrieve the photos.

To continue using the phone, you either need to find someone who can solder the USB port back (or a new USB port) into place or a replacement of the whole motherboard.

If you just want the photos, you need enough energy to transfer the photos – either wirelessly (Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or upload them to a cloud) or simply by saving them to a microSD card.

1 Like

thanks for your reply, I’ll into whether there is an angel nearby!
I don’t want to continue using it, as it was in general getting old… but I would say that even for just retrieving the photo’s I would need the new USB port? Or would there be another way to just retrieve the data?

If nothing else works out, you don’t need to charge the phone, luckily, but only the battery, which is removable :wink: .
There are universal smartphone battery chargers .
You just need to find one fitting the dimensions and the contact placement of the Fairphone 1 battery (roughly, they are called “universal” for a reason).

That’s actually really not a bad idea!! As I don’t want to fix the phone, I just want to retrieve the pictures and then send it to Fairphone and buy the FP3 :slight_smile:

In the meantime I found this topic FP1U – USB port broken
where some chargers are suggested as well.

I have ordered this charger: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005REEWYY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

once I receive it I’ll let you know whether it works!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.