Fairphone Angels* are active volunteers in your area that offer their expertise to assist you with:
- demonstrating and assisting you to repair your Fairphone yourself
- solve software problems online or in person
- demo the Fairphone in person
- sourcing spare parts locally or through group spare part orders (#groupbuy) to keep down delivery costs
- information about community events
- running your own Urban Mining Workshops or how to get involved in the Fairphone Story
- anything else that can be solved locally
At the moment, some Angels cannot offer all of the above services. Simply contact your local Angels to find out more.
How to get in touch
You simply need to locate the Angels that are closest to your location and contact them via e-mail. They will then try to give you tips and can organise to meet up with you to solve your problem if necessary. The existing Angels can be found on the #communitymap below. Alternatively find a list of all the @Angels here.
The help provided by the Fairphone Angels is for free. Repairs, updates and advises come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
The goal is for community members to offer assistance to people in their local area. This helps to build local networks of Fairphoners (and wannabe Fairphoners & Supporters) to spread the good word, while assisting the Fairphone Support team by helping to resolve problems. For instance, troubleshooting and assisting with replacing parts is something that is easier to deal with in person rather than via the forum (plus it saves the time and CO2 when sending a phone to Fairphone for repair).
How to become a Fairphone Angel yourself
You can become a Fairphone Angel if you are an active community member and want to help other Fairphoners in your area. If this describes you, we warmly invite you to propose yourself by posting below (please add your city/region)! We will then guide you through the setup process.
- A special forum section for specific Angels questions
- Your own
- Visibility on the #communitymap
PS.: If there is already an Angels group (a so called Fairphone Heaven) in your area, you are, of course, very welcome to join it!
Angels are typically described as benevolent, dreadful, and endowed with wisdom and knowledge of earthly events, but not infallible (Wikipedia (2017-09-13))