šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

In this topic, please feel free to ask questions and/or offer to become a fairphoneangel! :smiley:

Please see the explanatory topic here:

3 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

I would like to join in as a Fairphone Angel! Iā€™ve seen from the community map that we donā€™t have anyone in London, and this is a great place I think I can offer support from. I read heavily in the community, and have strong knowledge and experience with FPOS, Fairphone Open, and Lineage.

Let me know if I can be the first in London!

7 Likes

Hi @anthony, sorry for not replying for such a long time!

If he hasnā€™t done so already, a Guardian Angel will get in touch very soon. :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan :slight_smile:

No problem, Chris has been in touch to get me started.

2 Likes

Hi guys! Munich calling. Iā€™m living there, and could help people in French, German and English. So Iā€™d be happy to start a helping community there!

3 Likes

Are you in touch with the Munich Fairphoners?

for Augsburg and Munich, write me in!

2 Likes

Maybe you are still interested now that thereā€™s already an Angel base (JBap & jayy) in your area, @Paule? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding to this the Augsburg contact @vthejay.

Sorry, I switch to German for a second : Klar, solange es mir beruflich mƶglich ist und ich es Ć¼berhaupt kann helfe ich gerne in Augsburg mit.

1 Like

Hey everyone,
Iā€™m from Bochum, Germany. Count me in ;-]
Cheers
charlie

Hi @charlie! Good to read it. One of the #fairphoneangels will get in touch soon! :slight_smile:

Hey, Iā€™m from Gladbeck (Ruhrgebiet, NRW) and can provide support with Android and flashing custom ROMs. Also can help with repairing a phone if one doesnā€™t or canā€™t do it by himself.

In the near future I do plan on attending the meetup in DĆ¼sseldorf. Just not sure when.

5 Likes

Great! Do you think it would be a good idea to unite Bochum and Gladbeck because of the functionally connected Ruhr area?

1 Like

Yes, totally! With the public transit itā€™s easy to hop around cities in the area. I frequently travel to Bochum for appointments. Hereā€™s a rough list of cities in the area (that I can think of right now and I reach with my public transit ticket.):
Gladbeck, Bottrop, Essen, Oberhausen, Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund.

At weekends and national holidays I can travel through the whole VRR network. (https://vrr.de - there should be a map.)

1 Like

Please put me on the list for Moray / Scotland - Forres / Findhorn area. I know we have a couple of Fairphoners here. I can offer an FP surgery as part of our T-Exchange Moray Firth Makerspace. We meet every third Friday of the Month (This evening I am going to show how to replace the camera modulesā€¦). And - time permitting - I can offer some wee help outside these ā€œoffice hoursā€.

4 Likes

Hey, I want that cool badge too, @Stefan! :wink:

I can meet in Madrid and Madrid area, Spain. I frequently visit Medialab Prado, which is a centric place for peer collaboration and workshops from the Madrid city council. It has OSM or Wikimedia groups, for example, and had a Mozilla group too.

But Iā€™m more reachable online. Iā€™m a frequent collaborator on the forum (trust level 4) since I got a FP2, I also manage the WeAreFairphone group in GitHub with @Stefan, whom I helped with that awesome map you see above, got my hands dirty trying to make FPOOS better and Google-less (#livingwogoogle) and porting LOS with awesome people + making microG easily installable, and I didnā€™t assist to any EFCT yet because Iā€™m a terrible trips planner, :sweat:

7 Likes

Great! :smiley: I added you to the @Angels. You are Angel No. 25. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Are Angels no longer added to the map? (Scotland, Bochum, Madrid)

Those heavens are still ā€œunder constructionā€. :wink:

2 Likes