FP3 display module and battery (and more?)

Hey there!

I would be interested in the screen & would have also been interested in the battery, but I assume that cross-border means that also inside the EU to Germany is problematic?

Hey,

Great to know you are interested in the display module and battery. I think it shouldn’t be a problem to send the battery to Germany. I’ve checked with the postal company and small lithium batteries can be send. Would you like to buy both of the spare parts?

Best regards,
Marjolein

Hoi Marjolein,

ik neem graag het display van je over, ben op zoek naar een nieuwe nadat het scherm kapot ging deze vakantie. Hoeveel wil je ervoor hebben? Ik woon in Utrecht, das handig :wink:

Groet,
Sjoerd

Hey Sjoerd,

Ik heb het display helaas net verkocht!

Wat je wel zou kunnen doen, aangezien je toch in Utrecht woont, is mn oude display ophalen. Ik weet niet meer of die het nog doet. Er zijn geen zichtbare beschadigingen, maar omdat de telefoon nat geweest is zou het dus kunnen dat het scherm ook niet meer werkt. Je mag hem wat mij betreft gratis komen ophalen om te proberen?

Groet!
Marjolein

Hoi Marjolein,

Wat een goed aanbod, ik probeer het graag met je oude scherm.
Wanneer/waar zal ik langskomen?

Hey Sjoerd,

Vandaag/vanavond ben ik thuis, morgen niet, donderdag wel met uitzondering van lunchtijd. Mijn adres is xxx.

Laat maar weten wat jou uitkomt!

Groet,

Marjolein

Please exchange personal information in a private message, I will delete your address for security reasons.

Hi,

Donderdag rond half 6/kwart voor 6?
Is dat OK voor je?

Sjoerd

Hoi Sjoerd,

Dat is prima, zie je dan!

Groet,

Marjolein

Hi,
i just wanted to ask, if the broken FP3 is still available or already given away/sold?
Tim

Hi,

I would be interested in the base frame since my fingerprint sensor is broken. I am located in Belgium so shipping should be straightforward.

Groetjes Roeland

Hi Tim,
The display module is gone, everything else I still have. What parts are you interested in?

Hi Roeland,
I still have the base frame, but as I said I think it’s broken and I don’t know if you can replace the fingerprint sensor seperately?
Groetjes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Possible yes, if you don’t fear unscrewing your motherboard. See this step: Fairphone 3 Teardown - iFixit

Hey,

@Marjolein_Koster, I sent you a message for further arrangements.

@Alex.A I have already done so to prevent my broken fingerprint reader from draining the battery. Replacing the sensor is a bit more work but will not be a problem.

Regards

1 Like

Hi,
I was mostly interested in the display and the motherboard, which both are gone now, if I understand it correctly…
Is the battery still working properly, or you can’t really tell?

Hi,

Yes, the display and motherboard are gone… I have two batteries, one is brand new, the other one is damaged I think. But, I’ve recently found out that as a consumer I’m not allowed to send batteries through post, only companies can do so. So if you live closeby Utrecht, Netherlands, you can pick it up, otherwise I think it’s not possible.

That’s true, I forgot!
I don’t live close by, but still thank you.

1 Like

Hi,
As to the batteries, there are two Angels at Amsterdam and one at Leiden, they might welcome a donation of batteries.
That goes for any other spare FP parts you might have lying around too :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.