Fairphone 3 - Camera blocked on selfie mode

Dear Community,

For a couple of days now, my camera is blocked on slefie mode and the flashlight doesn’twork either.
Regarding the camera, even when clicking on the icon to reverse the camera to standard mode nothing happens. Concerning the flashlight, the icon is in light gray and soen’t work.

HAs anybody esle allready faced these issues?

Thank you very much for your help.

BEst to all

Damian

To make sure: Selfie camera works, rear (main) camera does not work, right?

One easy first thing to check is whether using a different camera app (e.g. Open Camera) makes a difference. Given the flashlight doesn’t work either, it’s unlikely to make a difference, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

If using a different app does not change anything, you might want to check if the camera module is properly connected:

Please note that the Rear Camera Module connector (the black thing bearing the empty triangle icon) can sometimes become disconnected on its other, “invisible” end, too – beneath the camera icon that you can see in Step 11.

P.S.: Welcome to the Community Forum! :+1:

4 Likes

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I checked the connector and it looks OK.

Any other tips?

Thanks

Damian

If another app did not help either, I would currently just see testing another camera module as the next option – if you know any other Fairphone 3 owner or perhaps if there is a Fairphone Angel nearby. Or check if there are still some offers valid here: ✏ List of people selling or giving away their FP3(+) camera modules

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.