šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Sweet, welcome aboard!

2 Likes

This program looks very interesting. Iā€™m around Edinburgh Area in Scotland, UK

5 Likes

Hey there, thanks for volunteering! :smile: Weā€™ll take care of your setup process :slight_smile:
Donā€™t hesitate to present yourself a bit more, in this topic or in Welcome! Introduce yourself here! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™ve seen on the Map, that there are nearly no Angels in Bavaria, how could i joyn as an Angel and how could I learn more about the Details for repair and all needed Topics the an Angel should know?

6 Likes

(Iā€™m not a Fairphone Angel)

I am sure ā€œArch Angelsā€ Volker or Alex will soon get in touch with you. You can also meet Volker face to face in mondayā€™s virtual Munich Fairphoners Meetup. Have a look at our event AGENDA , Fairphone Angels might take part in the other events, too. :slight_smile:

Other than that, I strongly recommend you regularly show up here in the Fairphone Community Forum ā€“ the best place to learn the best tips & tricks with Fairphones. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello @ThorVoos and welcome to thee forum!
I fully agree with @urs_lesse and it might really be a first step to show up physically or virtually in one of the next meetups (e.g. the Munich Meetup).

Thereā€™s no defined agenda or prerequisite for being a FP angel. So if youā€™re interested in helping others locally in your area or possibly even organising some Meetup (also optional; more ideas youā€™ve probably already read here) youā€™re more than welcome.

So just look around a bit here and if you decide to join the Angels program just contact us @Archangels or send your ā€œAngels areaā€ here in this topic and weā€™ll happily organise your ā€œAngel onboardingā€ :innocent:

6 Likes

Hi, I think it would be interesting to become a Fairphone Angel. Iā€™m in the Amsterdam area, I saw someone is already in that area. If thatā€™s not an issue then I would like to join the effort and help grow and assist this community/movement.

9 Likes

Hello @UPPERCASE,
Thank you very much for volunteering as a new Angel in Amsterdam!
Iā€™ve just added you to the Angels group and sent you information how to proceed.
In case of any further questions please feel free to contact me or any Angel.

6 Likes

I would be happy to help if someone in Amstetten, Perg or Linz (Austria) needs help.

7 Likes

Have look at the pm Iā€™ve sent you regarding the possible next steps. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for volunteering as a new Angel in the Linz area, @KarlKl !
Iā€™ve sent you all the details regarding the Angels group participation and added you the according groups. So ā€œonboardingā€ has been finished. :dart:

5 Likes

Max from Florence, Italy.

Iā€™ve got a FP3+ since december 2020 and Iā€™d like to spread ā€œfairphonessā€ as an aspiring Fairphone angel.

At the moment I donā€™t think I can go far beyond showing my phone, talking about it, the community and the support.

Not much but I think it could be useful for someone whoā€™s interested in knowing something more about it.

Now what?

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Indepent of your Fairphone Angel interest (someone from the Angels will still contact you here or in PM about that), I would suggest you create a Florence topic in the Participate | Local category to see if there are other Fairphoners in your area. If you do so, we will (or you can do this yourself :slight_smile: ) link to your new topic in addressbook.fairphone.community so it can be found easily at all times. In addition, your Florence topic could also get a memorable URL like florence.fairphone.community (plus firenze.fairphone.community if you want so).

4 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion.

Iā€™ll ask some moreā€¦

What kind of post is better suited for that forum? Would it be OK something where I offer to support someone in my area, as I wrote above? Can I introduce myself by saying Iā€™m a Fairphone Angel or this is a name thatā€™s granted by someone from Fairphone?

Better writing it in Italian or in English?

Ciao,
Max

2 Likes

Well, to make sure: It is not an obligation to create such a topic, but I noticed in your user profile you were encouraging others from Florence to get in touch, so I thought you might want to create such a topic yourself. You might want to get inspiration from the other local topics in the addressbook.fairphone.community or just state that the topic is meant to serve as a collection point for Fairphoners and those interested in and around Florence.

Should you become an official Fairphone Angel, you can then add information about what you will offer as an Angel (only what you can). If the first post in your topic can no longer be edited by you, contact moderators or me and we will make it possible.

P.S.: I would recommend to write a first post in Italian and English. Italian 1st, English 2nd. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for volunteering as a new Angel in Florence / Italy!
Iā€™ve added you to the Angels group, created a new Angels ā€œHeavenā€ for Florence and sent you pm regarding the first steps into the Angels area. As soon as the Florence Angels e-mail is configured Iā€™ll inform you.
So stay tuned and keep asking in case of any questions!

4 Likes

E-Mails are now configured and reachable and Florence can be found on the Angels Map :partying_face:

5 Likes

Cool, together with my cousin @Maria2 I will be in Florence in August (towards the end of ferriagosta). We might get in touch to have a little Fairphone meetup and cafe or gelato. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi @Stefan,

Be careful, August is the hottest period in Italy, temperature can go as high as 40 Ā°C.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be in Florence because the two weeks around Ferragosto we (the Italians) use to go on holiday.

Anyway, let me know when you come. If we canā€™t meet I can support you in finding good places to eat, Iā€™m black belt at food :grin:

Ciao,
Max

7 Likes

Hi urs_lesse,

Here is my presentation post:

Ciao,
Max

3 Likes