I am using the FP2, with up-to-date Android 7.1.2.
Since a few months, maybe since a system update (but I’m not sure of it), I experience problems with phone calls :
- I cannot receive any call : callers are directed toward my voice mailbox without any ring on my phone ; I’m just aware of such a call through receiving the operator SMS telling me about the missed call.
- I cannot phone anyone, any number, even my mailbox : the call app tries to start the call, but without success, although I can see the network changing from 4G to 3G during this operation.
Please note that
- my phone network is configured for 4G/3G/2G, and mobile data work correctly.
- I can enable in/out calls through setting the network to 2G only, thus losing the mobile data functionality ; so I currently manage to use the FP2 through changing from one setting to the other and back again.
- the problem occurs in any place, in France, northern, southern, … , or in London, …
- I tested my SIM card on another phone : in/out calls were OK, under 4G/3G/2G setting.
- I tested my FP2 with another SIM card : same problems occur.
- I only use slot 2 of my FP2 since slot 1 never worked correctly (since the FP2 purchase).
Thanks for your attention!