We see that some of you are looking to find a battery charger / power supply unit compatible with their new Fairphone 2. We have a nice support article to tell you everything you need to know about chargers.
We hope that the community can help us to create a nice list of chargers used with the Fairphone 2. Feel free to report every charger you use even if it is from your previous phone that you use now with your Fairphone 2! And do mention if you have trouble with the touchscreen freezing during charging.
This is a wiki, so please edit it with the green pencil above to add your charger and FP2 experiences.
Please don’t add links to the list. This is to avoid spam.
List of chargers used from the community:
- Amazon Fire HD7 (2014) charger (5V / 1.8A)
- Anker 24W 2-Port USB (touchscreen freezes while plugged in - see below - tested with original Anker-cable)
- Anker 36W 4-Port USB
- Anker PowerPort 40W 5-Port USB (very fast charging)
- Anker PowerPort 60W 6-Port USB (with EasyAcc Micro USB 2.0 charging cables, works well and the FP2 is usable while charging)
- Apple iPhone charger - Model A1400 - Output 5V 1A
- Apple iPod USB Power Adapter Modell No A 1102 W00SA050
- Arnova Model HND050150X, 5V 1.5A
- AUKEY Quick Charge 2.0 usb ladegerät [Qualcomm zertifiziert] 18W USB Turbo Charger (charges realy fast)
- Aulola Model TH10, 5v/1A usb and plug- screen works fine if plugged into PC with USB. If plugged into power socket extension, charges twice as quickly but phone screen doesn’t work.
- bigben TCUMINI1A1USBV3/BB2709V3 (5V / 1A)
- Blokker 12W USB Power Adapter, two ports (5V / 2.4A)
- BQ USB charger, two ports (5V / 1A - 2.1A)
- Charger for Tolino (eBook Reader), Hama USB Charger - Model 1WO54378 - Output 5V 1A
- Chromecast charger (5,1V 0,85A) : 0,65A
- Clevo P150SM notebook: 1 A port : 0,87y A/0,5 A port : 0,17A
- delayCon MK354: normal charge ok, only Power charge causes freezing as per below note
- FP1 charger
- Griffin Mains Charger with USB-A to Micro-USB Cable (supplied to me by the Phone Co-op alongside the phone). Causes FP2 touchscreen problems, as per below note.
- Hama USB Charger - Model 1W054382 - Output 5V 1 A
- HTC Desire Z charger TC-E250 (5V / 1A)
- HTC OneX charger
- HTC One charger - Model TC P450-EU (5V / 1A)
- LG GS290 charger model STA-U12ER (5.1V / 0.7A) (from 2009)
- LG MCS-02ED from L5 II phone (5V / 0.85A)
- Microsoft/Nokia charger AC-20B from Lumia 640 (unencrypted phone - fine, encrypted phone - touchscreen problems while charging, see below!)
- MobiWire travel charger, model no: S003ATB0500055 (this causes far less touchscreen freezing than the Griffin charger above, although it is a one piece charger so can’t be separated for USB connection).
- Motorola charger (5,1V 0,85A) : 0,64A
- Nexus 7 tablet charger
- Old charger from a Samsung Galaxy Ace (it is 5 years old now )
- Old Palm charger - Output 5 V 1 A
- OnePlusX charger (5V 2A) : 1 A
- Panasonic VSK0772 camera charger (5V / 800mA) used with micro USB cable of unknown origin
- PNY Fast Multi-USB Charger 6 / 5V / 2400mA
- Powerbank from NM, Model PB26A148 2600mAh / 5V / 1000 mA
- RaspberryPi Chargeur deVilros (5V 2A) : 1,35A
- RaspberryPi Chargeur RS HNP06 EU Series : 1.2A
- RAVPower 4 ports 30W : 1 A port : 0,98A - 2,1 A port : 1,1A
- RS 7757508 Powerbank: 5200mAh / 5V / 2.1A max. output
- Samsung charger for Nexus 10 - Model ETA-P11JBE (5V, 2A)
- Samsung Galaxy Grand DuoS GT9082 charger (5V / 1A)
- Samsung Travel Adapter EP-TA20EWE (9.0V / 1.67A or 5.0V / 2.0A)
- Samsung Travel charger from a B27120 or a SGS GT-I9000. Model ETA0U10EBE (5.0V, 0.7A)
- Samsung Travel charger ETA-U90EWE (Output: 5.0V, 2.0A)
- SE Xperia Pro charger EP800 (5V / 850mA)
- SilverCrest (Lidl) Model: SLG 1.0A1 (5V-1A) used with the cable of Kindle Touch
- Sony Charger - Model EP881 (5V, 1.5A) supports Quickcharge, also the EP880 works (same specs but has 1/3 of the price of the EP881)
- Temium charger 5V - 2.1A. Tested with a Sony camera USB cable. Works fine.
- Ultron RealPower PB4000 power bank (5V / 2A(?))
- UrbanRevolt 20143. Charges FP2 but touchscreen freezes while plugged in, as per below note.
- Vegavolt A621 2A, strongly recommended by me because it leaves touchscreen full functional
- WakaWaka Power+ power bank (1.5 A)
- Xiaomi A65-501000 (5V / 1A) (from China)
- Zendure X6 Power Bank and USB Hub with 45W PD & QC (20,100 mAh)
- Zendure 63W USB-C PD Wall Charger
- DF-UC020 Universal Battery Charger. I use velcro to keep the battery in place.
Recommendation by @Stefan: I just found this comprehensive article about USB charging, and why some chargers work better than others. It’s definitely worth a read, if you’d like to learn more about how charging a smartphone actually works.
IMPORTANT - If your touchscreen is freezing, try a different charger. The touchscreens on many people’s Fairphone 2s have been intermittently unresponsive. See e.g.: Fairphone 2 unusable while charging
It was a big relief to me to realise that this problem only occurs when the phone is charging, and then to learn that it occurs only when certain chargers are used, as noted in the above list. Unplugging the phone or using a different charger (and then tapping the on/off button twice to refresh the screen) immediately restored full functionality.