This thread should contain mainly possible improvements that could be come with software updates to the phone. There is also a wish list where the fancy stuff could find space.
This is a wiki, so feel free to add your points here in one of the two categories.
For clarity reasons please add only key points, please.
probably possible improvements:
- making “hardware button actions” selection available in settings menu, such as “long press power button for torch light”
- use LED for notifications
- Lack of NFC toggle in pulldown menu (reference to orig. post)
- Fingerprint sensor gets triggered multiple times e.g. when taken out of pocket (reference to discussion)
- add volume function for ring, notification, media, alarm by pressing the volume buttons (reference)
(Status Bar) Icons
- status bar icons should have fixed width (see screens below)
- status bar icons should be able to take up more space (see screenshots below). This seemingly had been introduced in Android 9 (Android Police article) but hardly makes any sense as the FP3 has no notch (currently hiding the battery percentage adds room for two more icons but that can’t be the solution)
- add fast charging icon (reference)
- minimum screen brightness to be too bright and the adjustment to different light situation is too unsensitive (reference)
- Reconnecting to hidden WLAN SSID does not work after having been out of range with it (reference thread)
- Dark mode is not work properly (reference)
wish list of improvements (which are most likely not possible atm)