I had lots of (recurring) issues with the FP2. It felt unfinished and not thoroughly tested in many regards. Does FP3 look any better?

During the two and a half years that I used my FP2, I had the Camera/Sensor module, the Microphone module and the back cover replaced two times each. Also after about a year I had the whole Phone replaced, since I had too many issues at once and after my warranty ended I had to purchase a new battery. That are eight separate technical issues and month of headache. If it wasn’t for a bit of advanced knowledge about Android and LOS I luckily have, I probably would have had many more encounters with the support team.

As much as I wanted to support the FP project, I did not recommend any of my friends to get one and switched to a non-fairtrade Phone soon after my warranty expired, which is exactly what I had hoped to prevent when purchasing a modular phone in the first place.

Due to all these bad experiences, I am very sceptical when it comes to the Fairphone 3, but I have to admit, that it do looks like a great phone - even tho the same could be said about the FP2.

My girlfriend is now considering getting one, so I was wondering if any of you might be able to give me a shortterm review, especially with the FP2s issues in mind, about the FP3? Are there any known common issues? Woudl you recommend it to friends and family?

Regards, Jakob

2 Likes

There is already quite some feedback on the FP3 in the following topics

Positive feedback

Negative feedback/wishes for improvement

Unfortunately I had posted this reply to the wrong topic first and now I have to write some more to make it differ more until the forum software accepts this corrected post…

7 Likes