Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52 release2 is now ready (Sorry for the long delay with the release). Installation and update instructions can be found at Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for fp2 - Mer Wiki. Highlights of the new release:
- Updated to Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206
- Based on Android 6 (18.04 release)
- Kernel update from Fairphone Open Android 9 release (various security and stability fixes)
- Device shutdown issue fixed
IMPORTANT When updating from Sailfish OS 220.127.116.11 be very careful to use the hack mentioned in the instructions and to not skip the intermediate updates mentioned in the update instructions (wiki link above), your device will not boot successfully if you skip those.
If you are updating for a Sailfish OS release older than 18.104.22.168 please check Sailfish OS 22.214.171.124 release1 for Fairphone 2 for more information. You can also contact me directly.
- If anyone still notices the previous issue that updating camera configuration fails during camera module change, update or installation please report it to me and use the fix mentioned in earlier release notes (Sailfish OS 126.96.36.199 beta5 release)