Sailfish OS 220.127.116.11 release1 is now ready. Installation and update instructions can be found at https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2. Highlights of the new release:
- Updated to Sailfish OS 18.104.22.168
- Based on Android 6 (18.04 release)
- Enable tracking emergency numbers provided by network
- Some performance improvements to video decoding
Note: No installation zip available now because of issues in the 3rd party server I have used for hosting the images. If anyone needs an image send me a private message and I can provide a temporary link to the image.
Important notes for updating from old Sailfish OS releases (22.214.171.124 beta4 or older)! Because of enabling on-demand proximity sensor support all users can now flash the modem partition from Fairphone Open OS 18.04 release using fastboot. Please check wiki for detailed instructions.
Important notes for updating from Sailfish OS releases before 126.96.36.199 (alpha5)! Please be very careful when during update about flashing the Android system.img. During update process Android system.img needs to be flashed right after updating Sailfish OS and shutting down the device. Do not flash system.img before Sailfish OS update.
- If anyone still notices the previous issue that updating camera configuration fails during camera module change, update or installation please report it to me and use the fix mentioned in earlier release notes (Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52 beta5 release)