Sailfish OS 220.127.116.11 beta5 release is now ready. Installation and update instructions can be found at https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2. Highlights of the new release:
- Updated to Sailfish OS 18.104.22.168
- Based on Android 6 (18.04 release)
- Enabled on-demand proximity sensor support which makes using firmware from 18.04 possible
- This fixes the battery drain issue which made using old modem partition necessary
- Fixed browser crash when seeking Youtube videos
- Fixed distortion of some Youtube videos in browser
Important notes for updating from earlier Sailfish OS releases! Because of enabling on-demand proximity sensor support in this release all users can now flash the modem partition from Fairphone Open OS 18.04 release using fastboot. Please check wiki for detailed instructions.
Important notes for updating from Sailfish OS releases before 22.214.171.124 (alpha5)! Please be very careful when during update about flashing the Android system.img. During update process Android system.img needs to be flashed right after updating Sailfish OS and shutting down the device. Do not flash system.img before Sailfish OS update.
- Camera configuration detection for secondary (front) camera sometimes fails (only during camera module change, update or installation)
- To solve the issue remove /etc/droid-cameradetect-module-main.conf and /etc/droid-cameradetect-module-front.conf and run “systemctl restart droid-cameradetect”
- Repeat the previous instruction until both cameras work (configuration is at /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/jolla-camera-hw.txt and the validity of resolutions for secondary camera can be checked also manually)