Does calling right away slow down the support team? (Solution: Create a ticket first, then call!)

I - at least (as I don’t know about anyone else) - have no insight into the workflow of FP support. I don’t even know if there are really different teams for phone-calls and e-mails.
My guess would be, that - if there are two teams - there is just one database for support cases; and whoever handles one case is accessing this database, taking the information on the case thereof and updating it while handling the case - be it by phone or mail. Everything else - in my opinion - would be really stupid; and that’s not how FP strikes me.

I have no idea about playing for time; wouldn’t they send some (automated) mails then like “please bear with us, … / we are processing your ticket … / still takes some time … / etc.”.
My impression from the forum, as I have no personal experience , would be: They happen to be overloaded with requests, slightly unorganised with mail-support and heavily dependent on supply of spare parts, which occurs in batches instead of a steady flow coming in.

2 Likes

Of course they do. But, as you correctly recognised, the mails are automated and not typed by a service engineer who has to take an action. That response might take ~ 10 days, sometimes even longer.

I quite agree.

Nonesense. Just because there is a delay I don’t think it’s right to suggest that they are playing for time. And in all that I said previously, I am not saying they were playing for time. In fact the first time I had my bottom module replaced once it was established I needed a new one there was a long wait as the parts were out of stock which they were up front about. This time, the parts are in stock on the online store and are available for shipping.

You seem to be suggesting that they are delaying things to annoy people which just isn’t the case.

In any case, when you create a ticket, you get an automated response which basically says along the lines of ‘hey call us if you need to…’ and gives the number

3 Likes

Hey, I discussed with the support team and they told me that he fastest way to get a response is to open a ticket with the IMEI number and order number in the title. Also a proof of purchase if not ordered in our shop.

As soon a ticket is generated, give us call and mention the ticket number.

That’s the fastest for agent and customer.

And to take away some speculation about how the CS team works.
There are several subdivisions in the support team. We’ve got people who pick up the phones, we’ve got people who answer to mails and we’ve got people doing back-office tasks: making sure orders with third parties run smoothly.

The people who answer the phones, and the ones who answer the mail all use the same ticket system; Zendesk. So when you send an email, this email can be found by all our agents, read and updated.

These teams are again subdivided in first- and second line. New employees always start on first line and as their knowledge grows they move to second-line. People on first-line also help with sorting the tickets. As the diversity of issues is very large, not every agent can answer every ticket. A payment issue requires different knowledge and steps then a hardware failure or an inquiry if we can speak at a congress.

Tickets submitted through the form on our website are already sorted because you have to answer some questions before you can submit. But if you email us directly, or write us on FB an agent has to read your ticket and assign it manually to the right person. This takes extra time.

Sometimes we’ve got to wait for third-parties and a ticket is put on hold. Third-parties could be banks, insurance, logistics or repair partners.

Currently we’ve got about 20 people on support and we are not only growing the team but also looking at different ways to work smarter, like opening new telephone lines for France and Germany so people can get support in their native language.

If you want to read more, also have a look at this AMA done with Michiel some time ago and if you have any questions left, please ask!

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.