Yeah I think you are right, guess I have to accept that then.
I use Nova launcher, too and the screenshot icon is there.
Maybe you could use Nova and create a new gesture starting the screenshot, although I am not sure which would be the correct activity
Same here, I have the DDG search bar when I reboot and after a while at a glance widget replaces it. But the glance widget is defective, shortcuts don’t work for e.g. calendar events, no weather.
Mine has already been defective (or, let’s just say “eccentric”…) on A11: It never showed anything from my calendar (yes, checked settings), and weather shows sometimes, but the next time I unlock the phone it has disappeared again, for no obvious reason. The only thing consistently showing is the date, which is quite useless. A pity you can’t remove that useless widget altogether.
I don’t have A12 yes, so that’s just extra-wild guesses, but somebody said the search bar is on top now? Where the Glance widget used to be? Maybe now the Glance widget and the search bar fight for that real estate, and you get to see the winner till the next round?
Yes, it seems like that’s the case. And I doubt that this behavior is intentional. Additionally, if I manually add the At a Glance widget on another screen, it works just fine (including weather, events, etc.) It’s just this non-removable one that is buggy.
Overview Bugs in Android 12:
Google “At a Glance” Widget
– Shows After Reboot the Google Searchbar
– After a while the glance widget is without Weather and calender function Uppercase Post
– Install an other launcher or deactivate the Google App
Bluetooth Audio Bug with Qualcomm HD Audio aptx
– FP Employee acceptet the Bug Yasen_Tomov Post
– Workaround, disable the HD Audio Aptx function under the BT headphone settings
– Fix comes
Quickstep Launcher Bugs
– Wrong colour and bad contrast in the App Drawer Spongebob Post
– Workaround, install an other launcher at the moment
– Missing alarm clock icon
– Missing ring sound mode icon (vibration, silent) SantE Post
Missing Features in Android 12:
- One hand mode
- “Material You” colour function
– Support for Material You is in Work Yasen_Tomov Post
– For Information, its not a AOSP 12 Feature!
- No scrolling screenshot function
– Only with supportet Apps like Ecosia yvmuell Post , Chrome Razem Post and Discord Peti Post (?)
Last Edit: 08.02.2023
I haven’t received the Android 12 update yet even though I am in the Netherlands (with KPN), I thought only France and Switzerland were delayed? Is there a delay for me as well?
Have you manually searched for updates?
The A12 update still didn’t come up to my phone (even with manual search), however, i recieved the security patch of Jan 5 just a few minutes ago.
Anybody else? Does it mean i’m part of the people that won’t get A12 soon?
(Belgium with Orange)
My issues started after the factory reset I did. Before that it was working fine as well. If you feel adventurous, you may try to add the network again after removing it.
Same here with Orange F, Jan 5 security patch.
Also experiencing that web shortcuts (on startscreen) disappears after reboot. Most annoying. Didn’t happen with Android11.
Could of course be launcher related (I’m on Nova 7.0.57 and am also missing the screenshot button - although some Nova users mysteriously seem to have it).
Apparently not necessarily so: See the announce of the Security Update:
Please bring the one-hand mode. It is a pain to use a phone this large.
Same with that ridiculous clock from the lock screen.
Update from my side after having the update on my phone since one day:
- PLUS: Also without factory reset it feels quite faster, especially when reducing this animation rate in developer settings
- PLUS: Usebility of dropdown menue (flightmode, WIFI, BT, etc.) is much better as it is larger and not just one line.
- PLUS: I use Microsoft Launcher as I do not like the round icons. This is now running much more smooth.
- MINUS: The whole design is now bigger incl. fonts. Eg. the settings list. That does not help the overview. Looks like made for people with very large fingers. You can scale down globally in the settings but then other text is too small.
- MINUS: Already mentioned things like big clock on lock screen etc.
Apart from that nothing negative to report until now. Things like 5 GHz Hotspot I did not yet test. Will add more things when I stumble over them.
Btw, just to confuse people a bit more: Screenshot button is there at my MS launcher.
Something odd as well. Battery stats, I have an uptime of 33 hours, but my battery stat only shows the last 3 hours. Battery is at 53% and I didn’t charge since this morning. I saw it before, but I thought it was due to the factory reset.
Does the battery overview look normal for others?
Similar here. Uptime 7h battery usage 53 minutes. Maybe wait a few days for it to settle down.
Yes that could be the case
Yes but still haven’t gotten the update unfortunately. Also not the security update that others have gotten that stay on Android 11 for now.