Android 12 has come to the FP4

You have to actually be in a spot for it to work. E.g. when I scroll way up in a discord chat, this third button shows up

2 Likes

Usually that helps after upgrading the Android version :+1:

1 Like

And this is something different than screen record?

its an extended (or scroll-) screenshot

Same Problem for me It shows right now only the last 14 minutes

OK found it on my FP3 with Iode OS (when using the Vol+power button).
And on the FP4 it depends, with Ecosia Browser it works (using the vol+power button) with Fennec not when I see the more button and press it, it just vanish

I’ve been afraid of this day. I used to have Android 12 before getting my FP4 and it’s was horrible. Just the fact that smart home controls are not on the power button many anymore makes me want to switch OS to something else. Good job from FP people, but those goddamn monkeys working at Android UI design…

Firefox is one of the apps that doesn’t support scrollable screenshots.

I have a screenshot button in the recents menu under A13, but scrollable screenshots are only possible via the buttons as well.
From reading the official documentation, that seems to be how it’s supposed work :thinking:

At least some of the issues will get better with Android 13 (I don’t think smart home controls will though :see_no_evil:)

4 Likes

Haven’t ever experienced this on my Pixel though. But let’s see.

And I have never experienced such with any of my Fairphones…

1 Like

With Lawnchair launcher screenshot button is there, rolling screenshots don’t seem to be possible. Apart from that, no issues so far.

I laugh-cried pretty hard when I noticed the downgrade in the UI. I really want to know what they were smoking when they changed the dropdown menu for the worse.

fear-and-loathing

4 Likes

The default huuuuuuge clock text looks horrible.

I’m also missing the sound and alarm icons in the notification bar.

1 Like

thats true, i hope it get some other options to change it :pray:

Same problem here :frowning:

1 Like

IIRC it has been mentioned before, but I would very much appreciate a statement from the FP team regarding what we can expect from the next upgrade (and when).
I’m certain that the team follows this and other threads and therefore is aware of both minor and not so minor issues reported, so:
which issues can be solved, and if so when?
which issues do we have to just accept?
which issues are caused by 3rd party apps not (yet) aligned with Android12?
I do hope that the team can come up with an announcemebt during next week.

1 Like

I havent seen any reports about major issues so far? Overall, give them some time to breath and trust they do the needful, I think they already proved that they do as best as they can.

3 Likes

Since fairphone is so extremely slow, you are only now going through the Android 12 pain that most others went through a year ago. :wink:
Get used to it. It won’t change. We are already at A13 and A14 is just around the corner.
This will never be the same as with A11. You have to go through that now :slight_smile:
Thats life…

1 Like

Well, the BT audio bug could be seen as a major issue (thankfully the FP team seems to be working on this already).
There are also reports about network loss and roaming issues that must be extremely annoying and disappointing for those experiencing this.

I can live with issues that could be labeled “cosmetic” (lack of background settings options, the ugly lockscreen clock and so on), but if a behaviour more in ine with Android 11 could be reinstated, it would be a bonus.

I do accept that the team needs “time to breath” and that issues can’t be fixed as per yesterday. But expecting some kind of feedback here in the forum telling us about plans and also what cannot be done (at least not in the near future) is not expecting too much IMHO.

2 Likes