English

Updating LineageOS 16.0 for microG via TWRP + feature test

lineageos
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fefbdcf7290>

Note: I need my daily driver phone in this working 15.1 state for the coming week at least, so no such 16.0 tests just yet :wink: .

Updating LineageOS 15.1 for microG via TWRP + feature test

So, if I want to update to 16.0. Is this possible with twrp 3.2.3-0 ? or do I have to use twrp 3.3.0-0 ?

does encryption with lineage 14 + twrp3.2.3 work in lineage 16?

So far I only installed 16.0 from scratch … no problem with TWRP 3.2.3-0.

Currently not. You can install LineageOS 16.0 on 14.1 encryption, but it doesn’t boot afterwards and only offers to reset the phone.

Details are here … behaviour is the same with the first 16.0 build for microG.

I installed LOS 16.0 over LOS 15.1 via recovery (from the MicroSD-Card) without any problems yesterday.
So far I haven’t experienced any troubles. Is there anything specific I should check?

thanks for this clarification :slight_smile: So I’ll try to make a backup and install from scratch. maybe anyway not the worst idea to have a new clean install.

Definitely. Amen to that :wink: .

Upgrade from 15.1 without any problem (installation via twrp recovery, system, data and cache deleted). Many thanks to the developer section! :+1:

Just to understand well: What happens or is it working with the following steps:
I come from lineage15.1+microg

• Saved my pictures etc on computer
  • Backup data partition
  • Wipe everything
  • Install Lineage16+microg
    -restore data partition

Do I have all my apps etc back in this case or will they be broken or cause any other headache?

Hey,
after upgrade from 15 to 16 Sim Card does not work. :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: Battery was at 12% and despite the power saving mode, the battery was down to 0% after 6 hours. After switching the phone on while charging, I was able to activate my SIM card again. Maybe the phone was too hot after the upgrade and led to these malfunctions?

Otherwise great work @chrmhoffmann :slight_smile:

here everything works fine :slight_smile: just that restoring the backup doesnt work … :frowning:

And: It’s no longer possible to adjust vibration intensity… very annoying. In 15.1 it was at least possible for typing.