This makes no sense to me. What do apps have to do with Operating Systems?
Why a super category with only one sub-category?
This doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either. Why do we need sub-help categories for the individual OSes? If there is a bug in an OS it should be discussed in the bugtracker, issues not caused by the OS can be discussed in a more general help category and if you just have an issue because you don’t know how to use a function of an OS it should go into OSes.
PS: I missed the lower part of your post.
That explains the super-category for roadmap/fairphone.
I just think there will always be topics that don’t fit anywhere else, so some kind of “off-topic” category should exist. I don’t mind that not being the community category.
In other categories there is the possibility to post topics without specifying any category. Maybe that would be an option for us too? At first I thought it looked strange, but I’ve gotten used to it.
I like the idea.
Yeah because the general discussion takes place in a few long topics instead of lots of short topics.
Okay here is my new proposal for super-categories based on what you want your intention is for posting/reading on the forum:
- you want to ask for help -> Help
- you want to find guides -> Guides (would include all guides, all topics should be 1-post-topics and it would be structured by cross-linking and tagging)
- you want to meet, join or contribute to the community -> Community
- you want to talk about the company -> Fairphone/Company/Roadmap/whatever
- you have a general questions -> General
- you want to discuss something unrelated to Fairphone -> Unrelated
- you want to buy/sell -> Market
- you want to discuss the forum itself -> Meta
That way there could be OS specific help-sub categories like you suggested while guides on installing/updating/using the OSes would be in Guides.
General would be for questions/discussions about the product (including all the “should I buy it?” and “does it have function x?” topics), an OS (“does x work on this OS?”, “is this OS ready for daily use?”) or any other general questions related to Fairphone.
General + Unrelated could also both just be uncategorized or joined with the Roadmap category in a super category.