Great things ahead? (8th May '18 -> Transparent Slim Covers)

Have you visited “www.fairphone.com” lately? If you go to the starting page (enter the address like this) you will find a somewhat cryptic picture. And in the end the hint that something will be revealed on 8th May. New case? FP3?
Very exciting…
Greets Klaus.

15 Likes

Did you scratch the picture?
I think it’s pretty clear what it means, but I won’t share my “guess” since I already know. :wink:

5 Likes

If it is that what I guess it is, I’d loved to see it on my phone :slight_smile:

1 Like

At long last … 100% fair yellow nail polish :slight_smile: .

8 Likes

That must be it. In the first picture they experienced with fair yellow fingerlings as a replacement for nail polish, but in the second one they had a breakthrough. :smiley:
But do you think it comes in dark red too?

Btw, I just scratched the picture on the computer and it took so much longer than on the Fairphone. So maybe the announcement is: The new Fairphone will be much faster than a high-end computer. :wink:

2 Likes

That wouldn’t need a reveal because those fingers aren’t as subtly hidden as the yellow ones :wink: .

Hmmm … did you notice the scratching auto-completes suddenly when you got to a certain point? Perhaps the phone will be able to auto-complete tedious tasks for you once you started to do them :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

I also noticed the phones have been cut out of the second picture.
Maybe the announcement is simply that Fairphone will stop producing phones.

3 Likes

You’re right … if you click on “Buy now” here currently …

… you get a “Not found” page :slight_smile: .

Edit: The German buying page still works, so they will not stop everything, but just stop selling in English-speaking markets :slight_smile: .

Edit2: The English page was fixed and works again.

2 Likes

So, next theory … a 100% fair clothing line in the well-known slim case colours, with extra work being put into white getting stained grey right after being put on … and transparent perhaps still to come :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So everybody who is still interested in a Fairphone should get used to saying Gerechthandy.

3 Likes

Tried www.gerechthandy.de, but got an error :frowning:

Server nicht gefunden

2 Likes

Well it’s not the 8th yet. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I oversaw that. So I revealed a secret ahead of time? I am so sorry.

1 Like

Well, Gerechthandy is in no however construed way a valid German word anyway, so how about www.fairestelefon.de? That domain is registered and gives a 403 Forbidden :wink: .

2 Likes

Well, I can’t call “registered” to a domain owned by a domain company

WHOIS query

$ whois fairestelefon.de
Domain: fairestelefon.de
Nserver: ns.namespace4you.de
Nserver: ns2.namespace4you.de
Changed: 2015-01-15T09:33:08+01:00

[Tech-C]
Type: ROLE
Name: Hostmaster Domainfactory
Address: Domainfactory GmbH
Address: Oskar-Messter-Strasse 33
PostalCode: 85737
City: Ismaning
CountryCode: DE
Phone: +49 89 55266 0
Fax: +49 89 55266 222
Email: hostmaster@domainfactory.de
Remarks: technical/domain issues only please
Changed: 2003-08-25T10:33:47+02:00

[Zone-C]
Type: ROLE
Name: Hostmaster Domainfactory
Address: Domainfactory GmbH
Address: Oskar-Messter-Strasse 33
PostalCode: 85737
City: Ismaning
CountryCode: DE
Phone: +49 89 55266 0
Fax: +49 89 55266 222
Email: hostmaster@domainfactory.de
Remarks: technical/domain issues only please
Changed: 2003-08-25T10:33:47+02:00

My guess is a transparent slim case, as well. Just look at the transparency of the uncovered image. The clear-phone has the shape of a FP2, so the idea of a FP3 is discarded, and the first picture is clearly case-oriented: someone assembling slim cases…

2 Likes

I disagree. It is surely going to be an invisible phone, as the images show, with which GerechtHandy will provide a brand new gimmick to the market.

5 Likes

Woa! You are right! That was brilliant and pretty obvious!

Fairphone, you clever and twisted people!

1 Like

Now I got it: The picture clearly shows a phone that let’s you see the past (the old picture). #timetravelphone. :smiley:

4 Likes
On tuesday, May 8th, CEO Bas van Abel will reveal what's been happening behind the scenes and hand over the reins to Fairphone's new impact investor.

cook_hero

3 Likes

iFairphone. :flushed:

I think the valid way would be Gerechtesmobilesfernsprechgerät.

5 Likes