Really impressed by what @Stefan did to the #austrianfairphoners topics I am currently working on a plan to put similar structure into pinned posts, guides & wikis.
Once I have a working draft I’ll introduce it in a new topic.
But first I need to know what to work with and I think the current structure of categories simply doesn’t work for my plan
One thing I think we need for better structure would be to not have so many different places to go if you need help.
Currently we have:
- FP1 Help
- FP2 Help
- Software (for help with apps)
- Android 4 (for software help on the FP1)
- Android 6 (for software help on a standard FP2)
- Open OS (for software help on an FP2 with Open OS)
- Lineage (for software help on an FP2 with Lineage)
- AltOSes (for software help on an FP2 with another OS)
- Hardware/Repair/DIY (for help with hardware)
I think we should have one help category with the sub-categories:
- FP1 (which would incorporate all non-general topics in Android 4 + FP1 hardware)
- FP2 (which would include almost all of Android 6, Open, Lineage, AltOSes & hardware)
Apps (which would be most of the non-sub Software topics) EDIT: or maybe help topics for apps could simply go into the Help-super-category along with every other help-topic that is not specific to either phone model.
and then we would have a category for Operating Systems with sub categories for each, which would only include general posts on how to install, update/upgrade, use & modify the OS.
The hardware category could be dropped.
The Roadmap I think should either be expanded (with sub categories for blogs, (regular) AMAs, …) or integrated into Community (Roadmap = wishes & dreams of the community to the company and announcements of the company to the community).
The rest I’d leave as is (except the Dictionary needs fixing - too many broken tags).
PS: One downside I see with a help-super-category would be people posting there (instead of in a sub category) and not mentioning whether they have an FP1 or an FP2.
PPS: Oh and for my plan it would be ideal if we’d have an even number of categories in the end.