This is a #wiki post, please feel free to edit it to add information.
Wiki posts work best as single posts in closed topics, so if the need to discuss this topic please use the "Reply as linked Topic"-function and post the link to the new topic here.
How to install Sailfish OS alpha on the FP2
Or get an installable image from @explit:
To report a bug contact the Community Porters via irc or use a webclient.
Channels are: #sailfishos-porters or #fairphone-sailfish. Look for the user mal-.
- No further description available at the moment but it seems that most things a working fine ..
- Jolla Store works.
- dual sim support
- OTA update (prefered see link above)
- FM Radio support
- To install the third party store warehouse client you have to enable third party software installation first at the settings.
- Compass direction sensor not working.
- Possibly some issues with proximity sensor during calls.
- Community port, does not contain licensed software like Here Maps, exchange connectivity and alien dalvik (Android emulation).
- Camera button did not work, use volume up instead
Alpha4 - April 2017
Alpha3 - 21 December 2016
- Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52
- Fairphone Opensource OS 16.11 or Fairphone OS 1.9.3 recommended, not tested on other releases.
- Dual-SIM support added.
- FM Radio Media app plugin added.
- MMS sending and receiving fixed.
- Disabled persistent debug telnet from USB interface on release images.
- Offline charging UI fixed.
- Initial display brightness after boot fixed.
- Speakerphone volume control fixed.
- OBEX configurations added.
- MLSDB for using cell phone tower info for obtaining location.
- Bluetooth state now remembered after reboot.
- Fix mobile network settings randomly missing.
- Flash torch option for video recording added.
- Volume keys disabled when display is off.
- Camera Exif fixes.
- Flashlight shortcut added.
Alpha2 - 9 August 2016
- Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206
- Requires Fairphone Opensource OS 16.06 or Fairphone OS 1.4.2, not tested on other releases.
- Bluetooth MAC address fixed.
- Bluetooth MAC address now shown in Settings->About product.
- WLAN MAC address fixed.
- Sending MMS messages fixed partially.
- Camera and audio/video codecs work with FP Android >= 1.2.8.
- Larger 16:9 image resolution for camera.
- FM Radio support (no preinstalled app, harbour-piratefm works).
- Display brightness control improvements.