This post is outdated. For the latest information go to the Mer Project’s wiki: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2
This is a #wiki post, please feel free to edit it to add information.
Wiki posts work best as single posts in closed topics, so if the need to discuss this topic please use the “Reply as linked Topic”-function and post the link to the new topic here.
How to install Sailfish OS alpha on the FP2
Learn how to use adb & fastboot and how to check if the device is properly connected and configured.
Valid Android roms for the FP2 base install are the released image Fairphone Open OS 16.11 (or Fairphone OS 1.9.3 not tested)
Get the Sailfish images as a .zip from the link below and read instruction on https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2 carefully!
Latest Sailfish OS alpha3 zip http://images.devaamo.fi/sfe/fp2-sibon/alpha6/sailfishos-fp2-sibon-release-22.214.171.124-alpha6.zip (see also link above)
Or get an installable image from @explit:
To report a bug contact the Community Porters via irc or use a webclient.
Channels are: #sailfishos-porters or #fairphone-sailfish. Look for the user mal-.
- No further description available at the moment but it seems that most things a working fine …
- Jolla Store works.
- dual sim support
- OTA update (prefered see link above)
- FM Radio support
- To install the third party store warehouse client you have to enable third party software installation first at the settings.
- Compass direction sensor not working.
- Possibly some issues with proximity sensor during calls.
- Community port, does not contain licensed software like Here Maps, exchange connectivity and alien dalvik (Android emulation).
- Camera button did not work, use volume up instead
Changelog (copied from https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2)
Alpha4 - April 2017
- Sailfish OS 126.96.36.199
Update is possible like update to 188.8.131.52. described at https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2 .
For more information search here at the forum or ask at IRC (see above).
Alpha3 - 21 December 2016
- Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206
- Fairphone Open OS 16.11 or Fairphone OS 1.9.3 recommended, not tested on other releases.
- Dual-SIM support added.
- FM Radio Media app plugin added.
- MMS sending and receiving fixed.
- Disabled persistent debug telnet from USB interface on release images.
- Offline charging UI fixed.
- Initial display brightness after boot fixed.
- Speakerphone volume control fixed.
- OBEX configurations added.
- MLSDB for using cell phone tower info for obtaining location.
- Bluetooth state now remembered after reboot.
- Fix mobile network settings randomly missing.
- Flash torch option for video recording added.
- Volume keys disabled when display is off.
- Camera Exif fixes.
- Flashlight shortcut added.
Alpha2 - 9 August 2016
- Sailfish OS 220.127.116.11
- Requires Fairphone Open OS 16.06 or Fairphone OS 1.4.2, not tested on other releases.
- Bluetooth MAC address fixed.
- Bluetooth MAC address now shown in Settings->About product.
- WLAN MAC address fixed.
- Sending MMS messages fixed partially.
- Camera and audio/video codecs work with FP Android >= 1.2.8.
- Larger 16:9 image resolution for camera.
- FM Radio support (no preinstalled app, harbour-piratefm works).
- Display brightness control improvements.