FP Open OS 16.07 is now available

Flawless update here. Thanks for this awesome work of providing a “free” flavor !

How did you copy the package to your phone?

I also had no problems updating. I use the FP Open OS, root activated, not encrypted, mircroG and Xposed (has to be re-flashed after every update) installed.

Update from 16.06 to 16.07 via updater went smoothly here :slight_smile:

I might try out the OOS soon, once I have time to spare and all.
Some thing that is bugging me a while is the update to Android 6.x. Are there any plans for it yet? Considering Android 7 is coming soon too.

Also, I’m somewhat sad to not seeing any community driven ROM projects as it’s the case for other phones. Seeing how the source code is available it should bring together some motivated developers, don’t you think?

Maybe second half of 2016: See:

4 Likes

I took out the SD card and put it in my computer :slight_smile:

Other way: ADB. just make sure that USB debugging is allowed before updating.

Or just before starting the updater get the newest opengapps package via your preferred browser directly on the phone. This is how I do it, and the move it to the SD card (including a check for up to date Xposed and a supersu apk is there also. I have an app that insists on seeing SuperSU…)
And the I use the technique @Douwe described to immediately go into recovery after the reboot. I don’t press power, vol+ seems enough

I didn’t find my MicroSD-adapteer, but I managed to copy the file via TWRP onto my phone. I flashed it but it still seems to be stuck in that “optimization”-loop…

In cm13, you have to flash Gapps immediately after flashing system. As I also had bootloops, I reflashed the system and then immediately Gapps, just to be safe. Since then, system booted regularly (with optimising apps exactly once)

And yes cm13 is marshmallow, but still.

Problem solved after reinstalling the Gapps, Xposed and a backup of system data with Titanium. Pity it seems we’ll have to do so at each update.

I’m on FP OS (currently 1.5.1) and never saw an update for/to FP Open OS in advanced mode. So I cannot tell about FP Open OS to FP OS switch, but imo no switch from FP OS to FP Open OS is offered.

Done!
Since I saw that many other users also have openGapps or xposed installed, thus a similar set-up, I copied my notes into the forum and made a wiki out of it. Please add or modify if something comes to your mind.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking about it, but to me it seems it doesn’t really fit into it, since it is also quite specific (I guess there aren’t too many users with such a set up), and I am afraid these things could confuse less experienced users.
Btw: You are welcome to close the wiki as well, I don’t mind.

3 Likes

Monthly security updates are more important than a whole and problematic version bump. The FP2 is as well a new phone, let it breath some air! :slight_smile:

@freibadschwimmer quoted some working community project, but we are, in this forum, working on a CyanogenMod port (I’ll link it later, I’m on the go). Should you are in the mood to help or have some developer knowledge, please help us to bring it sooner, :wink:

1 Like

Which data did you lose updating? I did not have to restore any backup

I didn’t check all the things I lost. The first thing I noticed is that the Xposed modules options were not activated even after flashing the framework, a lot of my home screen widgets and app shortcuts were missing. So I did a global restore from Titanium and got almost everything back.

Strange. I didn’t lose anything, even though I spent quite some time in bootloop and corresponding restarts

1 Like

Dalvik-Cache is on /data partition: /data/dalvik-cache

1 Like

M_Dammer posted here Release of 16.07? that there exists a code aurora patch for the unsolved RTC bug (wrong date/time after reboot without connection: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp-open-os-clock-resets-after-reboot/17635).
Is there any possibility to get this patch for a workaround and if not how could we/I help the development to find the solution faster?

Update: Maybe this suggestion could be a solution for the next version: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp-open-os-clock-resets-after-reboot/17635/35

Please force fixing this bug.

3 Likes

I switched to Fairphone Open from a stock Fairphone (updated 1.5.1) : it took 5 minutes and worked fine ! :dizzy:
Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes