I’ve just put together a nice little debloater for the Fairphone 3. The script can be ran on Linux, Windows, MacOS and basically any other UNIX-like OS.
Fist of all I want to apologise for the messy instructions and for my bad english. I hope that you understand everything. If you need help or have questions please ask them here.
What does the script do?
- Limits Google apps (even replaces stuff like the dialer or the clock)
- Removes Qualcomm spying/“TeLeMeTrY”
- Replaces the YouTube app with YouTube Vanced (set it up via the manager which gets installed by the script)
- Removes other useless apps and preloaders
- Replaces the stock camera with GCam (shouldn’t send any data to google. You can still get it back via the instrucions below)
Download the RELEASE of my GitHub and follow the instruction there (again, I am sorry that they are messy and for my bad english)
Link: GitHub - JBGMR/fp3_debloater: Debloater for the already minimal FairphoneOS running on the Fairphone 3.
Replace the Gcam with the stock camera app:
- Uninstall the gcam
- Inside of the extracted folder run (terminal/CMD):
adb shell pm install-existing com.android.fpcamera3