This post is a #wiki, you can edit it to add information by clicking the green pencil icon Edit in the bottom right corner.
This is an alphabetical list of links to common setup options.
- App Alternatives :: F-Droid :: Simple Mobile Tools
- Bootloader Unlock (OEM) :: Manage the bootloader of your FP3/FP3+ – Support
- De-Google :: Don’t use Google account
Change Launcher ~ Home screen layout etc.
- Developer Options ::
Settings > About Phone > tap build number 10 times
Settings > System > (Advanced) > Developer Options > ON
Dictionary Entry: Developer Options
- Dismantling the Phone :: Official Guide and IFixIt Guide
- Factory Reset :: This does not reset the OS if you have updated.
Erase all data (factory reset) FP3/FP3+ – Support
- FP3 or FP3+ FAQ Fairphone 3+ (FP3+) – Support
- Manual Install of Android 10 :: Manually install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+ – Support
- Official Support :: Forum Wiki or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operating System :: Options
- Rooting :: See this topic
- Safe Mode :: Official instructions
- SD Card Formatting :: ✏ A little guide to... using SD cards
SD Card :- Format as External/Portable
The contents will not be encrypted and can be read on another device.
SD Card :- Format as Internal
Formatting as Internal storage has resulted in numerous issues. Further the contents are encrypted to the phone and therefore unavailable when removed from the phone :
SD Card :- Pre-formatting
Format the SD card in a PC and add your required Images, Music, Videos and Docs. Only insert once the phone has been set up to work without the SD, then do not format the SD.
- SIM Card(s) :: Options and Operations
- Spare Parts :: Fairphone spare parts
- Test Modules’ Hardware
*#*#66#*#*} then select
Service tests > Test single
Jun_20th_2021 Added Simple Mobile Tools ~ To App Alternatives Added Details ~ To SD card formatting Added Item ~ FP3 or ~ FP3+ Added Item ~ SIM_Card Options and Operations Added Item ~ Spare_Parts Added Item ~ Factory_Reset