šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Thanks @Atlantian for offering to participate as Fairphone Angel and welcome as a new Fairphone Angel!
Iā€™ve added you to the according groups and started the ā€œonboarding processā€.
Iā€™ve sent you a pm with more details.

Does anybody know how many angels are watching over Fairphone users? :slight_smile:

The list at šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program and Map (Local support by community members) shows all heavens and how many angels they have.

7 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response. Both Canadian sites are now visible on the angels map:

Site Montreal is now up and running.

8 Likes

If I recall it correctly, this has ā€“ at least in the map ā€“ increased the visibility of :canada: Canadian Fairphone Angels a great deal. I seem to remember it took really a lot of zooming in before spotting the Ottawa blue circle while now the two are shown literally at first sight :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If you need more Angels in Berlin, Germany, I offer my help as well.

I am an active maintainer of a number of Open Source projects (including projects for Android as well) and recently got a Fairphone 4. Eventhough the Fairphone as a ā€œdaily driverā€ is quite new to me I already know Fairphone and Android in general for many years.

Iā€™m a native German speaker but also fluent in English.

9 Likes

Berlin (a.k.a. the Fairphone world capital in terms of number of users :wink: ) is probably the one Angel heaven that would benefit most from more Angels :slight_smile: Great Angel @schmulschubiak will surely welcome you :+1:

6 Likes

@askaaron Woohoo!
Letā€™s meet and discuss all the details!

7 Likes

Thanks for your offer, sounds great!
Iā€™ve added you to the general Angels and to the Berlin Angels groups.
Wonderful if you could team up with @schmulschubiak !

6 Likes

Hello,
I would like to join as Fairphone Angel in Nowy DwĆ³r Mazowiecki, Poland
I can help local users with replacing parts, rooting, custom roms, degoogling, basically all things android

11 Likes

Thanks @rogal for offering to participate as Fairphone Angel and welcome as a new Fairphone Angel!
Iā€™ve added you to the according groups and sent you a pm with more details.

Edit: the angels site Nowy DwĆ³r Mazowiecki is setup and reachable now.

2 Likes

I wanted to ask of there are any fairphone angels that will be travelling through Hawaii any time soon? haha
My FP3 completely died a few days ago after sustaining rain water damage a month prior, and I want to try and repair it. Iā€™m trying to figure out what to do about my phone right now.

Hiya,

I would like to offer my services as a Fairphone Angel for Newcastle, UK.

I currently run my own IT Consulting company focusing on environmentally low impact IT solutions.

I am a member of the local Green Party and an advocate for Right to Repair.

Iā€™d like to use my knowledge in order to help push towards more sustainability via this program.

I havenā€™t been hugely forum active recently, however Iā€™d like that to change and to promote change in the local North East of England area.

Any questions regarding my IT background I am happy to answer =)

12 Likes

Thanks @UDT121 for offering to provide local support in Newcastle!
Great to hear your plans!
Iā€™ve now finished the Angels ā€œonboarding processā€, Newcastle heaven mail is now reachable and listed in the #angelsmap sites and the dot on the map should appear within the next 24 hours. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

hi, Iā€™d like to be added in the Brussels/Belgium Haven :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for your offer! Youā€™re now a member of the Brussels heaven! :innocent:

4 Likes

Hello!
I live in Madrid and IĀ“d like to become a fairphone angel.
There are no angels in the area, so maybe good to start somewhere.
My phone is an FP3+ and have a little experience with SW and HW in general, but not much specifically for phones or the FP.
I speak English, Spanish and German, and live very close to a metro station not too far from the center. I also own a Torx T5 screwdriver :slight_smile:
Best regards, Stefan

11 Likes

Hello Stefan and thanks for volunteering as an Angel in Madrid!
Iā€™ve now started the Angels onboarding process and will keep you informed about the status.
BR,
Volker

EDIT:
Iā€™ve now finished the Angels ā€œonboarding processā€, Madrid heaven mail is now reachable and listed in the angelsmap sites and the dot on the map should appear within the next 24 hours. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Juhani, Iā€™m in Finland for 3 months. Currently my FP3 has died. I would need assistance. So, if you are willing to help as a fairphone angel, I would very much appreciate.

To contact a Fairphone Angel, see the explanation here: šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program and Map (Local support by community members)

1 Like