Hi everyone ,
Our latest software update for Fairphone 3 and Fairphone 3+ users is now available.
Software Version: 8901.3.A.0066.20201119
Security Patch Level: 5th of November, 2020
The main improvements and fixes are listed below:
- Fixed an issue that was causing users (under certain conditions), to experience more echo than normal on VoIP phone calls when in speaker mode
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Google Search Bar not to be correctly displayed on the home screen when using Gestures.
- Fixed an issue that was causing poor audio quality when using the in-app equalizers (mostly affecting audio reproducing apps like Spotify or YouTube Music).
- Fixed a minor issue that was causing the Twitter app to stop working after a few minutes under certain conditions.
- VoWiFi registration stability has been improved for the networks for which Fairphone 3 supports this feature.
- The camera auto-focus feature for video recording has been improved.
- Fixed a minor issue that was sometimes causing the device, powered off, showing 1% of the battery charge when being charged, regardless of the actual state of the battery charge.
- The network compatibility for several carriers has been enhanced.
Together with our partners, we test the software before its release, and in some instances where a software update might result in some problems for users on a specific network or in a specific country, we prefer to delay the software release for that specific customer base and fix all the potential issues before making the software available to everyone.
That means that depending on your network provider, some Fairphone 3 users may receive this update later. Once the update is available you’ll receive a push notification to automatically update.