No sound 50+% of the time in calls, until reboot

I haven’t even installed either of those apps! Those problems occured randomly, even after e.g. new simcard, safety mode reboot etc etc. I am not using my fp3 anymore as it became unusable.

Sometimes when I receive a call I can’t hear anything (except the ringtone) and the caller doesn’t hear me. I have to restart the phone to make it work. The same when I want to make a call. Can It have something to do with the fact that I shut down the sound during the night. Se screenshot. When I wake up I just adjust the sound again, screenshot 2. But it’s not like this everyday
strange! Any ideas?

2 Likes

May be useful to know what OS and version/update you are using.

Same problem here.
Help! :slight_smile:

I found an update on the phone.
Today I reveived a call and it worked alright. But I will wait a few more days until I’m sure it’s alright.
OS? Don’t know. Where do I see which I have??? I haven’ change it
(Is it possible to choose???)
Now you understand my technical skills here. :grin:

1 Like

Settings > About Phone > Scroll down to last entry > Build number :slight_smile:

My last update via EE in the UK reads 8901.3.A.0066.2020119

The last part 20201119 is the date

Info on the update is at Software update: 3.A.0066.20201119

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve got the same number.

Same on my side.

This behaviour started with the latest update.

Build-Number: B901.3.A.0066.20201119

Hi @Alis,

Sorry to hear that. Has the issue returned? If so, could you and @ddeimeke both create support tickets? That way our customer support team will be aware of the issue and can then give you individual assistance.

Best,
Rae

I just want to say that I have the same problem. It wasn’t there from the start. I did not recognize it as a real problem for a while so I did not exactly keep track when it occurred. But I think it might have had something to do with the last fairphone update. I will now also create a support ticket.
Sabine

Hi!
I have created a support ticket now. And today it happened again, same problem.

All the best

Mattias

1 Like

Thanks @formerFP.Com.Manager

I created a ticket.

Dirk

2 Likes

Same problem here. Random. I have to reboot to solve it.

FYI: I moved the last 12 post over here from here, to avoid duplicate topics.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s been more than 3 months and I am still waiting.

I have experienced the same issue on FP3+. Tried to make a “regular” phone call, but they couldn’t hear me, and I couldn’t hear them. However, calling over Hangouts or other services worked fine.

Restarting the phone solved the problem, but this should really be fixed in a firmware update.

@formerFP.Com.Manager

Thanks for showing up here. I am just wondering: Is Fairphone taking this seriously? This topic is exploding with 6.500 views and no solution in sight and no real reporting on the progress. For example, I have formally informed Fairphone on July, 2020 (!) that I encounter these issues. Is this a fair treatment of customers? I doubt.

2 Likes

Those who have this problem are you guys using wifi calling? And what is the reception signal like? Have you tried 4g, 3g and 2g?

Hi,
I do not use Wi-fi calling. Reception signal usually is very good. I only use automatic selection (usually resulting in 4G).
I think, WhatsApp calls did work, when normal calls didn’t.
Yours, Johannes

I had the same problem for about 4-5 weeks (as far as I can tell :thinking:).
Rebooting fixes it but it is very annoying :frowning:
Now before I make a call I call first my voicemail to make sure sound is fine :dizzy_face:
I bought the FP3 directly from the online FP store a few month ago.