Random reboots After android 13 update

After the update to android 13 several reboots.
Big problem

18 Likes

Problem. 24 hours after the update continuous reboots of the phone.

1 Like

Yes. I wrote to support. Very big problem.

1 Like

this ist also my Problem: several reboots over the day…

Have you 5G enabled maybe it helps to turn off

1 Like

it’s possible! but I bought fp4 for 5g and I have to turn it off!! it was better to keep fp3!

1 Like

I am equally affected by sudden reboots.

Hi @Marco_Brollo. Did they answer?

Good morning everyone,
I also got the new update yesterday and then was on the road yesterday and realized later when I wanted to look at the phone had restarted. I had to enter the PIN of my SIM card. I have first switched off 5G as it says here in the forum, because I am professionally dependent on the accessibility.
The problem with the reboots must be urgently fixed. This is not a thing that you can put off for a long time!

7 Likes

Not yet.
I switch off 5g. Reboots stopped.

3 Likes

And as of today I am equally affected by sudden reboots. Really annoying.
Happend three times in the car, while I was using maps to navigate. :angry:

3 Likes

Wich Is your operator? I’m Vodafone
Try to switch off 5g!

2 Likes

Telekom is my operator.
Silly that you have to switch off 5G.
Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
It’s the same for me on my FP4
I’m trying to exclude 5G (I suppose this can be done with the “prefered network types” option) to see if it solves the problem…

2 Likes

I get that this is frustrating. But keep in mind that 5G is still a relatively new technology and there are probably still some kinks to be worked out.
Right now I don’t think that this is entirely Fairphones fault - or completely in their hands. It is likely some kind of specific compatibility problem between the phone and the network. As such, it will probably have to be fixed in cooperation with the respective network operators.
Please contactsupport with some details about your situation so that they become aware of the issue and can start improving that.

Edit: Also, the net benefit of 5G over 4G is still limited right now with pretty much no pure 5G networks existing. So except for very rare cases, you should not actually lose that much by deactivating it for the time being.

4 Likes

Transitionally, it’s fine to go without 5G until the problem is fixed. No question, it is a good workaround. The fundamental discussion about whether 5G makes sense or not is irrelevant. It’s a problem and it will certainly be fixed by FairPhone. So far, they are taking great care of all the problems. I am happy with you :slight_smile: .
Please do not underestimate the size of this company. It also shows how complex such updates are.

3 Likes

From what I got, one of the reasons why some network providers delay updates for their users is exactly this. But to discover such problem, there need to be some beta-testers who would actually discover the problem. If you’re using a provider that has no devices in beta, the probability that you’ll get a faulty update is higher. On the other hand, the provider will probably not delay the updates :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Just turned of 5G. Hoping the reset will be over for now.

2 Likes

Just to comfirm, after switching back to 4G and disabeling 5G I haven’t had a reboot.

4 Likes