This is a Wiki Post. Everybody can edit it.
There us a lot of stuff that you can use and connect with your Fairphone, but there is also a lot of stuff that’s not compatible. The difference is not always clear, in this topic you can post what products you can use with your FP or not and why. Only change when you’re sure.
Withings Pulse (not the current version Pulse Ox) + Smart Body Analyzer Scale
These products work as confirmed by @paulakreuzer, other Withings products need Android 4+ according to website
- Pebble Smartwatch (according to this post)
- Finn Bikemount (according to this topic)
- Polar WearLink+ Bluetooth
- AfterShokz ‘Bluez’ bluetooth headphones (alas it seems that original model is replace by a ‘version 2’ as of this dec.015, which I didn’t test)
- GoPro Hero 3+ (see Discussion)
- Changers Solar Charger - the included cable doesn’t work for me ( @paulakreuzer ) when trying to connect the battery to the phone. It works for connecting the phone to the computer or a socket though and I can charge my phone from the battery with another cable.
- Tigra Sport Smart Heart Rate Sensor 6 (needs Bluetooth Low Energy, not available in Android 4.2)
- Runtastic Orbit (needs Bluetooth Low Energy, not available in Android 4.2)
- Polar H7 (also only compatible with Android 4.3+ devices due to need of BLE)
- Jawbone UP24 (needs Bluetooth Low Energy, not available in Android 4.2)
- Mi Band (needs 4.4 or higher)
- Textblade (needs Bluetooth 4, not available on Android 4.2)
- Sense (needs Bluetooth Low Energy, not available in Android 4.2)
- Slepnir (windmeter) (according to Discussion)
Problems reported by one/few people
- Jawbone Up (so far only one report of non-compatibility with fairphone, can soneone confirm?)
- Belkin Hands Free Kit (problem reported here)