LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2

Is it possible that this one is not build? @snevas @z3ntu @chrmhoffmann

*/enable this build only when platform library is available
ifeq ($(TARGET_BUILD_JAVA_SUPPORT_LEVEL),platform)

Pushed a new release over OTA (20170815). Changes:

Iā€™ve also put the new version of TWRP on the server with support for the new hardware (same filename as before).

7 Likes

Thanks for you great work. Have you thought about setting up a https://opencollective.com/ account/project?

Iā€™ve been stuck on the 30 July release and it canā€™t seem to do the update check. Also it can delete the previous download. Should I manually install the latest release?

Iā€™ve had some issues with LTE connectivity, restarting seems to be the only way to restore it. I used the migration file when doing the OTA fix but would installing the latest modem file help with this?

Yes manually do the lineage update and also update the modem files :slight_smile:

1 Like

How is battery life?
I canā€™t go for more than 12 to 14 at average use and greenify installed.

Where can I file in bugs?

Did you install the last version of the modem files (modem-17.07.6.zip)?

can tell what version I installed as I flashed LineageOS. Any change to figure out what version is installed? Can find anything in About phone.

Look in the menu About Phone on the line ** Baseband-Version ** (4436.1-FP2-0.04).

it is 4436.1-FP2-0-00

Then you have to install the latest version with TWRP. Read the instructions in the first post of this topic.

ok, is there any way to get informed when new version of modem files is available since it is not pushed via OTA as for the OS updates.

btw., what is the right thread to post such things here or Using LineageOS on the FP2?

it might be an LineageOS bug but Iā€™m not sure so I put it here.
Iā€™ve installed recently some tile apps what added a plenty of new tiles options. When I try to drag one of the tiles into the area of the active tiles and the area of the recently used tiles is not visible, dragging is aborted as soon as you enter the area for recently used tiles.

Updated the modem files in the first post :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve hidden the chrmhoffmann-release instructions by default because it causes confusion and not alot of poeple are on these builds anymore.

Apart from that: bugs can now be added here:
https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-lineageos-on-fairphone/issues
(Youā€™ll need to make a account for the Fairphone bugtracker)

6 Likes

Thank you very much for the explanations. I just installed LineageOS for the first time and everything seems to work fine. Thatā€™s great.

Iā€™m still wondering if I should install Xposed to manage the privacy and boot settings ā€¦

3 Likes

New version with number 20170911 available OTA. This one has support for the new cameraā€™s and a lot of CVE patches on the kernel. No android security patches just yet because the LineageOS project is focussed on lineage-15.0 right now.

8 Likes

Cheers!

Just a brief feedback: I wasnā€™t able to use the latest OTA updates (from 8.8 & 15.8) due to an file error (as described above by @lklaus and others). This OTA version however worked fine here.

Thanks a lot for the updates and the great work in general to all involved in the Lineage port!

1 Like

Hey guys,

thanks for the update! I have a small problem. After downloading the OTA-update in the LOS-Updater I get a message that the phone will restart in TWRP for installing the update. However i cannot find the update file. Can someone say me where itā€™s saved or what to do?

Thank you!