Porting LineageOS to FP2

Yes, please upload always full one.

Chris

Here it is: FP2 · GitHub

My FP2 (14.1-20170807-UNOFFICIAL-FP2) had one more random reboot today morning: last_kmsg

This one was 2 days ago: last_kmsg

This message is present in the last_kmsg of this morning and the one from 2 days ago:

synaptics_rmi4_sensor_report: spontaneous reset detected

1 Like

Battery low indicator led does not work on my FP2 (14.1-20170815-UNOFFICIAL-FP2). Does anyone know if this is a fairphone open os feature? Or is it a bug at LineageOS?

I think I see them as well. Random reboots without any details in last_kmsg. Hmmmm. No idea for now.

Chris

I have updated the modem.zip file to the latest modem firmware of Fairphone OS 17.08.1. This zip file also includes the official Fairphone splash image. In case you have installed a custom splash image, you might want to reflash it.

:file_folder: Download: modem-17.08.1.zip
:bookmark_tabs: SHA256: 3f9ac2aa8968f7249780573f9f05ba4c488537c910e4ae2cd8ccd792d49e7f01

After you have flashed the zip file, you should see the version 4436.1-FP2-0-05 under Settings -> About Phone -> Baseband Version.

Since those are binary blobs, I have no idea what has changed since the previous release. But comparing the image files, I can see that the following files were changed:

NON-HLOS.bin
rpm.mbn
sbl1.mbn
tz.mbn

The following files were not changed since previous release:

splash.img
emmc_appsboot.mbn
sdi.mbn

Alternatively, you can flash the latest modem firmware using fastboot. You can get the firmware images from the official Fairphone OS downloads page (scroll down to binary images). Don’t flash system.img, boot.img and recovery.img obviously.

4 Likes

Thanks for the latest modem updates.

I was hoping it would fix or alleviate my data issues with LineageOS. It doesn’t, so there is something else causing it. I am now considering going back to FPOOS due to this issue (with a reflash of LineageOS, just to check if that helps).
Any other components that may interfere with this? Can it be due to a mobile network incompatibility (LTE vs 4G?)

Small summary of the issue: The phone takes ages to load a web page and even time-outs frequently while loading them. It feels like it has barely any bandwith, even though it mentions LTE in the status bar.

It would be interessting to know if it works as desired when you switch back to Fairphone Open OS. I don’t really know why you have such problems and I don’t think it is related to the modem firmware, since the same firmware is used on Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open OS as well.

Have you tried doing a factory reset? Can you confirm that your APN settings are correct and according to the ones your provider has specified?

I first had to look what APN actually was, and then the settings for my provider. It appears you were correct, the APN settings were wrong.
Essentially it had set proxies, which hampered the connection.

Since I have never actually set these connections, I am wondering where this (faulty) setup comes from. Is it a LineageOS thing to setup the details or does it come from the network operator/sim card?
I have tried multiple roms (e.g. Ubuntu Touch, Sailfish) and I never had to change these APN settings.

Great that you found the solution for your problem.

Since I have never actually set these connections, I am wondering where this (faulty) setup comes from. Is it a LineageOS thing to setup the details or does it come from the network operator/sim card?

I haven’t looked into why this happens on LineageOS, but a first guess would be that in the current LineageOS builds the apns-conf.xml, which holds all the APN default settings, is not included. I’ll try to figure this out, if I have some spare time on the weekend.

1 Like

Can you tell me which provider you are using?

The LineageOS build is not using the apns-conf.xml provided by Fairphone (Ubuntu and Sailfish do). I think the best way to fix this is upstream, so all LineageOS users will benefit from it.

Yes, please give more details on provider and which settings were wrong.

Chris

it might be an LineageOS bug but I’m not sure so I put it here.
I’ve installed recently some tile apps what added a plenty of new tiles options. When I try to drag one of the tiles into the area of the active tiles and the area of the recently used tiles is not visible, dragging is aborted as soon as you enter the area for recently used tiles.

My provider is Telfort, from the Netherlands.

When resetting to default, which resulted in very poor internet connection, the APN settings are set like this:

• Name: Telfort Mobiel Internet
  • APN: internet
  • Proxy: 193.113.200.195
  • Port: 8080
  • MMSC: http://mms
  • MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
  • MMS Port: 8080
  • MCC: 204
  • MNC: 12
  • Authentication type: PAP
  • APN type: default,supl,mms
  • APN Protocol: IPv4
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • Bearer: Unspecified
  • MVNO type: None

While I now have it manually set to these (Excluded the values that remained the same):

• Name: Telfort
  • APN: internet
  • Proxy: Not set
  • Port: Not set
  • MMSC: Not set
  • MMS proxy: Not set
  • MMS Port: Not set
  • APN type: default

Makes sense to remove the proxy, but the MMSC / MMS proxy / MMS port should have no impact on your internet connection. If you remove these settings you won’t be able to send MMS messages anymore.

1 Like

Can you try just removing the proxy and testing if it works?

You were correct, only removing the first proxy/port combination was sufficient. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Can you try sending an MMS to see if it works if it doesn’t cost you too much?

Btw I’ve created a change request on the Lineage Gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/187588

I just tried the USB-OTG feature (with a male USB to male micro USB adapter) and it worked great. I can read from a USB stick with a FAT filesystem (not from an external HDD, though) and from another Android phone (!) through MTP, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it are FP 2 LineageOS bug?