Back cover woes

Logo hack :wink:

10 Likes

To be honest, I didn’t get initially that your hack’s purpose was purely to protect the letters. On a second thought, this would probably also work very well to protect custom-colouring of the letters (or individual letters) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did think about to color the Faiphone lettering on the case with the blue FP colour. Does anybody know the RAL no.?

Not sure if this is what you mean:

1 Like

That will work. thx
Will have a look if I can grab some model paint and give it a try.

I’m using a cover (Anna Treurniet’s) which supposedly also protects the letters (I hope!)

Hi,
it happened to mine aswell. After about two months using it i became now an owner of a Fairpone. I’ve read that Fairphone is replacing them? How should i proceed?

1 Like

Welcome to the community forum.

Please contact Fairphone support … https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us.

2 Likes

Oh no, I hope my cover stays pretty :angel: if it doesn’t, I think I’ll paint the letters on, requesting a new cover because of letters missing kind of goes against my personal reasons for buying the phone in the first place (but by no means do I judge those who opt for a new cover!).

6 Likes

If mine doesn’t I’ll try to remove all the remaining letters. But all is fine until now :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Was wondering if who ever go the back cover replaced experience the letters peeling off issue again with the new covers? What did Fairphone change in the new back covers to avoid the letters from falling off again?

It’s covered by the guarantee :wink:

1 Like

I sure hope so, but a guarantee is of little use if I need to use it every four months! :wink:

3 Likes

Mine was replaced and the letters are slightly larger, therefore less likely to move and better stuck on the plastic. But still not perfect yet, indeed: I’m afraid they could leave again later on …

I moved some posts here from Vote for your favorite color - Fairphone 3 Cases! to keep it on-topic over there.

I can’t remember when the last time I’ve seen or looked at someone’s back cover brand logo. I would imagine most people when seeing the name “fairphone” would think it is some cheap chinaphone anyway.

I don’t know about that, but I don’t think I’ll get a new back cover should my letters peel off too. My phone can function without them and getting a new cover would then be purely cosmetic, which would go against my resolution to acquire less unnecessary stuff. I think I’d try some silver paint instead.

7 Likes

I’ve been on full stealth mode for about a month now and it actually looks kinda cool! Considering filling in the letters with nail polish and changing it up every now and then!
:metal::sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

I’d love it if you gave that a try … or this:

Let us see a photo or two if you like how it works out. :slight_smile:

Hello, I have my Fairphone 3 for three months now and now the F ob the back starts to fall off. Does someone here know what I can do that it doesn’t fall completely off?

3 Likes