Vote for your favorite color - Fairphone 3 Cases!

I couldn’t agree more with @BertG on this.
If that is meant seriously (which I just hope it isn’t), then … just … Wow.

6 Likes

Personally, I love them all! But you ask us to choose just two… I hope all of them to be available in the coming months or years :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Only one problem with this though…
It is ridiculously ugly

:innocent:

ps. also stating that pink is female is of course very gender-biased, as if men can’t like pink :yum:

As for my own choice: I would like translucent and yellow. Not that I like yellow, but I have seriously never seen anyone around with a bright yellow cover on a phone. All other colours I have seen.

6 Likes

I zoned out slightly when I was inputting my votes. I went with Red and Blue, but I’m loving that Green is in the lead.

2 Likes

I’m missing purple! Also I wish all colors were translucent, it’s cool. :smiley:

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Back cover woes

Blue… NO! YEL- AAAAAAAAAAARGH!

2 Likes

You’re not alone with that idea @Taiya :slight_smile: we’ll look into it

If I get it right, and from the looks of the cover (the hole for the camera), this is a kind of rubber sleeeve, you put over the FP3, covering the sides and the back of the phone.
Therefore every translucent protective cover will let the original black-translucent cover shine through.
Or is this really the back-cover, that is replaced

Then the side of the phone still would be black and the color would just be for the backside of the phone.
Or is it really a complete new casing replacing all the black casing, so one would have to do some heavy screwing to change the cover.

@Blaffi @lorahaspels: Maybe you could help to clarify this question, that @urs_lesse has posted in this tread already 3 days ago (first answer in this thread) and that is still wairting for an answer (unless I have missed it).

3 Likes

About your “pink-remark”: Think Rainbow :wink:

1 Like

Is it just me or is that gif really annoying!?!
Trying to compare colours and they keep disappearing.
Ever heard of UI/UX…

4 Likes

These are protective covers - so like the bumper they would be covering the sides of the phone however they will also be covering the back. We are not talking about changing the color of the back cover.

9 Likes

A very important observation. A translucent cover would force Fairphone to consider how to deal with the FAIRPHONE lettering on both the back cover and the new protective case. Just doing without the original back cover probably isn’t a solution – it could destabilize the battery. Perhaps a translucent cover would just have to come without the lettering. Putting a translucent protective case with lettering on top of the back cover with lettering would hardly be nice to look at – essentially like you had bad eye sight.

In a way Fairphone had this before when they briefly brought transparent (slim) cases back for the FP2. The new batteries released at the same time dropped the vertical FAIRPHONE lettering (in favour or the horizontal “Change is in your hands” slogan) so there weren’t two FAIRPHONE letterings adding up to a T shape on the back of the phone.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Translucent cover will be for those who have already lost all of their back cover lettering :grinning:

4 Likes

Eh bien… vu votre attitude en faveur de l’environnement, vert semble bien naturel! Mais j’ai ouï dire que c’était malheureusement une couleur à fort impact environnemental: qu’en est-il?

3 Likes

That’s an interesting question… What colouring agents will be used, and which one is least harmful?

2 Likes

Yep. I voted for those too.
Not gonna change it! Am stubborn.

This raises important questions about delivery methods, and the airspeed velocity thereof.