English

The place to list errors on the Fairphone homepage

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05e1dbc0c0> #<Tag:0x00007f05e1dc38c0>

I did not find that kind of topic, therefore I start a new one.

The existing topic on errors with the German translation of the website seems a bit special to me, it is closed for some time now and I wanted to make this a permanent thing to be used by everyone.

I make it a wiki, so everyone can add an error, glitch, broken link or wrong translation to the list.
As soon as the problem is solved, it can be taken off the list (like a bugtracker maybe?).

Since I happened to stumble upon one such minor “error” I start the list:

• From the forum: … on mobile I had to activate the desktop page view to see the order status, it’s not there on the mobile page version. (Fennec F-Droid)
  • Not sure, if it is an error, but I think so: On the page Mapping the journey of your Fairphone under the heading " Explore the Fairphone 3 supply chain with our interactive map" their is an open sourcemap linked. This map is headed “Fairphone 2”, as well in the heading of the tab as in the left part of the screen with the explanations.
  • When wanting to place an order from Switzerland, one has to switch the shops settings to “delivery location: Switzerland” first. Otherwise the program allows no delivery addres in Switzerland (See this thread)
  • The Phone-order pages in different languages give quite different messages, while the phone is not available. When scrolling down the page show in the top right-hand corner: :uk: Out of stock / :fr: Pre-commander / :de: Nein / :nl: Nee / :es: Sin existencias / :it: Non disponibile. The german and dutch version seems a bit unfriendly, while the french version seems to imply the option to preorder, that does not exist.
  • If not logged in during an order in the webshop, the shop might not be able to calculate the shipping costs. I first had to toggle the country drop-down menu to a different country and back to my country.
  • When being logged into the shop when selecting the option “new shipping address” all required fields will appear to be filled in. I then decided to let it ship to an existing address and thus changed the setting back again. I could not continue the order process because the webshop required the new address fields to be filled in. I reloaded the page and entered everything else I already had and continued then.
  • The German T&C page for the recycling program is outdated as it references the FP2. So everyone from Germany who participates in the program has to agree to bogus T&C. :slight_smile: .
  • The Dutch specifications mention ‘intern opslagruimte’ for internal memory. This has to be either ‘interne opslagruimte’ or ‘intern geheugen’. And please change ‘Performance’ to ‘Prestaties’, and ‘Koptelefoon aansluiting’ to ‘koptelefoonaansluiting’.
  • The support page for order status is missing the status message “Rhenus prepare shipping”. Maybe it was just a temporarily used status report?
  • The English, Spanish and Dutch versions of the FP3 page list external storage without any size specification, the German and French version list external storage with an “up to 400 GB” specification – please clarify/harmonize.
  • The user account for orders is listing the Fairphone 3 IMEI as Fairphone 2.
  • The FP3 bluetooth support page has a section on Compatible Bluetooth protocols that mentions the FP2 twice and the FP3 once. The list of protocols is probably that for FP3, as it is different from the list for the FP2, but the text suggests it is still for the FP2.
  • On the FP3 order page the section “Easy to use, easy to switch” is ended with this sentence “Make a stress-free switch from your old phone to the Fairphone in just a few easy steps.” and a link " How to switch >". The linked page on the other hand is titled: Migrate from Apple/iOS to the Android OS
    That is a bit unexpected. The page should offer advice on how to switch from one Android phone (e.g. the FP2) to the other as well, as this is not yet common knowledge for everyone.
    Otherwise the section on the order page should give some indication it is about switching from IOs to Android.
  • The support article on bluetooth (and other) connections is heading the list of FP3 bluetooth protocols with “Fairphone 2” two times!!

Feel free to add anything you find.
@Monica.Ciovica
May I invite you to this topic, so you can ever once in a while check for new entries and report them to the right people?
Thx.

3 Likes