šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

On a side note, if you are also interested in initiating meetups, I am always willing to give advice on that. Feel free to contact me if itā€™s on your mind.

6 Likes

We could create a second circle on Wiesbaden but make you join Rhein-Main, in the same way Rhein-Ruhr has two circles on the map over DĆ¼sseldorf and Kƶln, it would give visibility to Wiesbaden while not having two heavens very near one to another.
Of course as you wish in the end @lukasp!

7 Likes

Sounds good for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks you very much for your offer to join the FP Angels!
Iā€™ve now added you to the Angels and Rhein-Main groups.
The area around Wiesbaden should be ā€œhighlightedā€ within the next 6 hours on the FP Angels Homepage.
Hope youā€™ll have a good time with your new FP5!
BR,
Volker

5 Likes

(I post here to have more chances of having replies to my question, but feel free to move this message to another place)

Hello,

For next Grenobleā€™s meeting, I have spotted a new local place (https://turbine.coop ).
They are asking me if there are some visuals that they can use to spread the word about the encounter.

Is there such thing as a (sort of) ā€œcommunication kitā€ that I can use to publicly communicate on next Grenobleā€™s Fairphoner meetings ?

Regards,

1 Like

I guess you mean stuff already printed like flyers or stickers? Fairphone doesnā€™t stock a lot of these anymore (except for flyers for the new products ā€“ Fairphone 5 and Fairbuds XL). But you might also want to take a look at this.

Basically, Fairphone is willing to reimburse printing costs for Community events within reasonable limits.

Thereā€™s an old topic which (its starting post) is now totally outdated, but Iā€™m linking to it here nevertheless because the big 3-metre banner still exists (although I doubt you might find it fitting for your needs right now):

P.S.: The ā€œCommunity Identityā€ zip file is no longer available for donwload in the first link above. Iā€™ve emailed it to you @LowMemory at your Grenoble Fairphone Angel address.
P.P.S.: The (right above) attempt to email the zip file to the Angel email address was rejected, too. Sorting out this specific detail in DM with LowMemory now.

3 Likes

Thank you !

(I could not retrieve zip file in personnal message, but I see some available material on official github repo: GitHub - WeAreFairphone/Community_identity: To help our community to get better visibility and support their work to promote fairer electronics we created a new design just for the community. )

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Although I do not have any special knowledge about software or technology, I am interested in becoming a FP angel in the area of Wageningen, NL. I do not have any experience with alternative OS etc, so this would just be for helping people with repairs or questions about FP, but I hope I can still contribute in this way. I am a happy owner of the FP3 :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Harmen

8 Likes

Hi and sure you can definitely help that way, we will contact you asap via PM.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, iā€™m sadly stepping off from the forum because iā€™m no longer in possess of a fairphone, and I prefer not to be an Angel anymore, because I couldnā€™t offer good advices not having a fairphone myself.
Anyone can help?

Regards

Luca

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, we will remove you.

2 Likes

I am in Ecully 69130 France.
I can demo there.
FP4
Would be nice just to click in the fairphone App and
select 4 demo / year + notifications

Or maybe directely from the forum, a button AVAILABLE FOR DEMO in this area. Like on freelancer website ā€œavailable for workā€

1 Like

From your other topic I feel there might be a misunderstanding, so a few comments.

Fairphone Angels dont have demo devices. Very few more active members organizing meetups currently have a FP5 to demonstrate it. You can arrange meetups without being Angel.

Angels, at least at my heaven are more contacted to help when something is not working to test a module if the Angel has the device and is willing to use their daily driver for testing.

4 Likes

I saw on the fp angel map that there arent any in (Hungary) Budapest. I live in here and would like to join fairphone angels.

7 Likes

Thanks for offering to join the Angels group in Budapest! Youā€™re right - itā€™s great to add that spot to the Angels area!
Iā€™ve now added you to the angels group, have created the Budapest ā€œheavenā€ (group) and have started the rest of the ā€œonboarding processā€.
Iā€™ll send you more information via pm.

EDIT:
ā€œOnboardingā€ has been finished and Budapest should appear on the FP Angels Homepage during the next 4 hours.

BR,
Volker

5 Likes

Hello! I own a Fairphone 5 (first FP!) in Norwich, UK. No experience with alternative OS but Iā€™m happy to help others who are considering getting one! I speak Italian and English, learning Spanish.

-Nico

6 Likes

Thanks for offering help, one of us @Archangels will start the onboarding asap

4 Likes

Welcome Cardbored and thank you for your offer to join the angels group! Great to have a ā€œFP5 ambassadorā€ in Norwich!
Iā€™ve started ā€œonboardingā€ and have sent you a pm with more details.

EDIT: Norwich ā€œheavenā€ should now be reachable and will appear on the Angels map within the next 24 hours.

4 Likes

Hello together,
I would be happy to join as a FP Angel. I am lokated near Limburg in Germany.

5 Likes

Thanks will sent you a PM, to start the set-up

Edit: all completed, map will reflect asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes