- This wiki is just a list by FP4-users.
- It is there to share experience with USB-C to headphone jack adapter.
- It is nothing official by Fairphone.
- Fairphone does sell an adapter as well USB-C to Mini Audio Jack Adapter (3.5mm) - Accessory | Fairphone
There is already some information in the following thread, please use this thread for metadiscussion
All posters of this thread are invited to update or specify the information or add anything new.
This is a wiki, so everyone can edit to add experiences.
Which adapter do work and which do not? What exactly works (incl. Volume control etc)? Does it include a DAC chip?
hama Audio-Adapter, ArtikelNr.: 00122338 (gold plated contacts; tested only playback)
Works with a mini mic, a device for streaming audio to hearing aids, cochlear implants, etc. OEMed by many manufacturers; output to devices via FM; input via audio jack (among other possibilities).,
hama Audio-Adapter, ArtikelNr.: 00200318
(sound with InLine Woodon-Ear headphones great, nothing else tested)
- hama audio and charging adapter, ArtikelNr.: 00187206 (includes DAC, audio playback works, simultaneous charging does work using the FP USB-C 3.2 cable with apple USB charger)
- Google GA00477-WW USB-C Digital to 3.5 mm (Play/Pause, Volume, Microphone - work fine)
- Samsung EE-UC10JUWEGWW - audio playback works fine
Apple “USB-C to headphone Jack”
Audio tested with a video and mic tested with the voice recording.
- [“Sandstrøm USB C to 3.5 mm audio adaptor - S6UC3519”]
Audio tested ok
- Vention USB-C Male to 3.5MM Earphone Jack With DAC Adapter 0.1M Gray Aluminum Alloy Type Works okay with simple earbuds, volume is good. Haven’t tested volume control/mike. ~ 200 CZK/ 8 EUR.
- Fiio BTR3K Tested in USB DAC mode, which needs an USB-C to USB-C cable (not included) to function. Media controls weren’t tested.
- [Baseus Audio converter USB-C to 3.5 mm jack charging and audio] - audio does not work, have not tested charging