English

FP3 Touchscreen-Sensitivity

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05d9cbb368>

Hi,

I’m super happy with my new FP3… there is just this one issue:
The screen seems to not be sensitive enough… like, if I touch the screen with just my fingertips (Finger in 90° to display) the touch isn’t recognized.
Right in the morning it’s especially bad… I have to use my whole thumb to get the FP3 to react at all (idk why though… low blood-pressure / low temperature(body or phone) / dry skin /.?.).

Is there a setting I can change the screen sensitivity with?
Any other ideas why this is happening, or for a fix?
(I hope it’s nothing I have to send in my phone for for repair)

thanks a lot & best regards,
J.

PS: This is no temporary behavior… it was there as I took the phone out of the box (w/o sim/SD-card)
Maybe related to Not reacting to "touch" when try to start an app
… but there it’s explicitly the talk of it only happening on the home-screen… while for me it’s independent from the used app and true for tapping as well as scrolling.

3 Likes

Get someone else’s finger to try :slight_smile: .

Or try to test the display with a touchscreen pen … perhaps you have one for a different device, or you could try to test a pen in a store.

If the problem is the same with someone else’s finger or a touchscreen pen, your finger shouldn’t be the culprit.

In any case, you could also contact support already, perhaps they have experience with this already … https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us.

2 Likes

It’s the same with me. Not especially on the FP3 but with all touch displays I use. Mostly noticeable in the morning, when it’s cold outside or often during a long day in the arid office climate. In my case it’s very likely dry skin on my hands and fingers, it occurs mainly during the winter period.

PS:
Since you asked for a fix - to be honest, my personal workaround is to moisten the tip of the failing finger. I’m serious about it. Find creative ways to do it :wink:

2 Likes

Same problem here. The touch is very very insensitive and I really have to push on the screen to make it work.
Hopefully just a software problem?

1 Like

I did notice the screen becomes more insensitive to my touch as my hands get drier and/or colder. I have a high metabolism so I usually have cold hands. It really does seem it’s not all down to the phone itself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

good idea, but unfortunately not working

I’m not having issues with my other devices, though… (including my FP2)

Thanks y’all
in the meantime I contacted tech-support… let’s see if this is a known issue / they have an idea…

Hi Geggole,

I have the same issue with the FP3. Did you have some response from the technical support?

Cheers

1 Like