Fairphone 4 case & Alternatives

Nice derivative. :slight_smile:

As requested, I made a PrusaPrinters account and imported my model:
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/116062

Please let me know if there’s anything missing from it.

3 Likes

Nope, there is everything.

I posted mine as a derivative from yours.

Thanks for the upload.

1 Like

Do you sell these? I’m looking for that exact model, preferably transparent

Are there any on demand printers where I could order one of these :thinking:

No I’m not selling them. But there ought to be a relatively local service to get them printed from. :slight_smile:

@NiceColdRum probably!

Hello all,
hope you can help :slight_smile:
Does someone know if there is a protective case available like a Otterbox or a Spigen or something similar? (a case for a tough enviroment/outdoor usage)
Would be really helpful if someone would know anything about it :slight_smile:
Thank you very much in advance
best regards
Mario

2 Likes

Thanks for your work @Paperpilot.
I remixed the design from @Warc, moved a few things until it fit for me. From that I made a regular case, a bumper case with no bottom, and a case with a card slot ready to print.
Printables

Happy Printing!

9 Likes

@AlphaElwedritsch, I’m searching the same like @beth. Example

Years ago, it was also discussed here as DIY, but not 3D print.

1 Like

maybe something like that is an alternative:

Indeed, thats a start :slight_smile: ! To be honest, I try my best to avoid buying anything at Amazon, but sometimes an exception is necessary ;-). Also charging will be difficult with that, so the case has to be remomoved for charging.

@AlphaElwedritsch: Thank you!!

I’ve just bought an official case from a French reseller I don’t understand how fairphone wants to charge me over €50 (incl. delivery) for a case when a company from France can ship it to me for just over €30 the mind boggles :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@NiceColdRum: Can you share the reseller with us? That would be great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah sure, I purchased the case from pc21.fr but a user on the Reddit subgroup had the genius idea to just Google the official item numbers and it will just show you all the resellers who are selling it so you might be able to find it cheaper from a reseller closer to home

• Grey case: F4CASE-1DG-WW1
  • Red case: F4CASE-1RD-WW1
  • Green case: F4CASE-1GR-WW1
3 Likes

Made another ugly-ish TPU 3d printed case in case anyone is interested: Fairphone 4 case by derlafff - Thingiverse

7 Likes

How flush does that sit? My issue with most I’ve tried is that they either bend apart or don’t come around the screen properly.

Then again I just got the official case and even that doesn’t fit well, it sits too loose and hence creaks constantly. Plus calling it “chunky” is quite the understatement. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not perfect near power button, but apart from that sits perfectly && you have to put some force to take it off. I can intentionally make it to produce creaking noises, but that does not happen in daily use. Sources are posted (not only for my case I think), you could adjust tolerances as you wish.

I tried it, fits really well! Did you intentionally not add anything for the volume buttons?

Yes. They are perfectly usable as is.

Still no sign of the case from pc21 their website says something like 10 days until they have stock but I’m in no rush in the meantime for those in the UK the official BT shop has the grey and green case in stock for £24.99 + £3.49 postage so I’ve just grabbed a green one as well

Grey Case - https://shop.bt.com/products/fairphone-4-protective-case-grey-f4case-1dg-ww1-GNVC.html?q=Fairphone%204

Green Case - https://shop.bt.com/products/fairphone-4-protective-case-green-f4case-1gr-wht-GNVD.html?q=Fairphone%204

Hi, thanks for enhancing paperpilot’s already nice design!
I am about to build a modified version that integrates a QI charging pad, which enables the Fairphone4 to charge wirelessly. First beta design can be found here, keeping you posted!

3 Likes