Fairphone 4 case & Alternatives

I have made a slim rigid bumper for Fairphone 4 that is easy to print, no support, good thermal efficiency:

9 Likes

Does it fit this phone?

Which phone does it originate from?

I’m really looking for something that has bumpers on the corners.

His looks about it Bumper Siliconen Case Voor Fairphone 3 4 Rubber Mobiele Telefoon Soft Frame Cover Voor Gigaset GS290 Universele Case|Phone Case & Covers| - AliExpress, but I don’t trust it from falling out.

And a hardened clear back would be great to show of the speckled fairphone as a conversation-starter.
Maybe something like this: Voor Samsung Galaxy M52 5G Case ,Xundd Bumper Case Airbag Schokbestendig Shell, lens Volledige Bescherming Terug Transparant Telefoon Cover| | - AliExpress ?

It’s for a Xiaomi Mi 11 - the camera cutout aligns perfectly, that’s what matters.

I’d say the fit matters more?
Making a cutout is simpler than making it snug?

Or how do you make it fit?

Nah I just bought it like that, ripped out the rubber/plastic holder for the phone and stuck the Fairphone holder in with double sided tape. No other modding required. The holder needs to be placed as far to the edge as possible for the optimal result.

Having to cut through the case would be messy with an aesthetically unpleasing result. The material is tough and would start to deteriorate along damaged edges - I don’t recommend it.

There are likely cases for other phone models with proper sizes and camera positions. In some earlier post I mentioned the site I used to find a comparable match. Think it was gsmarena and versus dot com.

3 Likes

This looks and feels even better than I thought it would. The only minor issue is that the hole for the side microphone should be about 0.5mm higher than it is. Currently it is not completely centered. (Unfortunately, I did not manage to take a decent picture of this.) But it’s nothing a hand file wouldn’t fix. Thank you very much for the model! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just got the official Fairphone 4 cover but it feels much too slippery/smooth when I hold it. I think I might be more likely to drop my FP4 if I’m using the official cover than with no cover.

Has anyone found a cover that’s made out of a “stickier” material like silicone?

I wanted a leather flip case, so took your advice and bought this. Olixar Genuine Leather Xiaomi Mi 11 Wallet Case - Black It works very well, as you described in an earlier post, with double sided tape.

3 Likes

I find the aluminum sides of the FP slippery, the official plastic case does a nice job IMHO. I would’ve preferred a Spigen case though. But they don’t make any for FP.

1 Like

Maybe these will suit some, not the hand bag, scroll down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this! I’m currently printing it!

1 Like

I received my red vegan flip case for my one month old FP4 from Anna Treurniet last week and am very happy :slight_smile: It feels sturdy and fits well.

Possible downside is it uses a sticky plastic sheet to attach to the back of my phone. This does mean I have to live with it as a semi-permanent fixture. However, a solution to temporarily remove it is to buy a new back cover for my phone and swap back covers, leaving my Anna Treurniet flip case permanently attached to the old back cover.

Good news is, if or when it does come unstuck, I understand they sell new sticky plastic sheets.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea and you can probably use other double sided tape that peels off easily an doesn’t leave residue.

Thanks for the update

Not sure if this is an early announcement, but “leather” protection for the fp4 is happening. Seems like a great solution for those who don’t want the plastic protective case.

1 Like

OK kind to the miners kind to the factory workers but those other dumb animals can be treated like . . . . well animals ~ by animals.

Off topic maybe hopefull the ‘leather’ isn’t really of the back of some less inteligent being, maybe from a poor dumb fungus or sugar plant.

Someone is sure going to suffer.
:scream:

1 Like

Sounds very interesting!

Could you (or someone else) please share a picture :pray: I can’t open that link without a Instagram account and really want to see this :smirk:

Suddenly no faith in Fairphone anymore? :wink:

The Instagram post is about a give away contest. People have to answer a few questions in order to win some products. Below are some screenshots from their post.

More info about the leather:

4 Likes

Never did/will have faith in Fairphone, just the best ethical phone
:rofl:

I don’t subscibe to Instagram nor faith, I’ve let myself down so often. I can just about rely on the comming of night following the day and even that isn’t sustainable.

Competeing for a giveaway, gi’me a break that’s not funny. :cry: