Fairphone owns https://fairphone.community as a domain. We’d like to use this domain as a place where the community can collaborate, work and experiment together.
There are many great ideas in the community for growing the movement for fair electronics, promoting Fairphone or create more awareness. We want to encourage people as much as possible to take up new ideas and try them and develop them. After all, this is how Fairphone itself started on a day not even so long ago.
We’re now in the very early stages of setting up a new server for the community to use to create new digital ideas and ways of collaboration that promote the values and goals of Fairphone.
Now my question to you is:
- would a dedicated community server help the community?
- how would you use such a server?
- How would it be governed?
- what services would you like to use?
- would you like to be SysAdmin of such a server?
- what hardware/software requirements do you think such a server should have?
- what other questions should we ask?
I am really looking forward to the discussion and your ideas and hope we can collectively set a new step in developing the movement!