Network of local Fairphoners for technical support: What should someone expect?

Hey everybody, me again! :blush:

The Local Fairphoners Address Book has been a bit limited in my opinion. Up until now it is intended to collect people, who want to build local communities. Iā€™d like to expand the foundation of the address book by ā€œFairphoners, who can give technical supportā€. This way more Fairphoners would be animated to locally offer their help and be contacted by others. (Ultimately Iā€™d like to further populate the Fairphone Community Map*.)

Now to my question: Which requirements should a ā€œFairphoner, who can give technical supportā€, meet?

The idea is to find a set of minimum requirements so that help seeking Fairphone users can expect to receive a solution to the most frequently asked questions from those local ā€œsupport volunteersā€.

Iā€™m looking forward to your opinions! :slight_smile:

Edit: PS: I think that this will eventually build more local Fairphoner groups.

*Note that the Fairphone Community Map is a work in progress. The Status of the Project-section in the README is what @Roboe and I had in mind when we worked on the map in September. Since then @anon33192704, who was our contact person at Fairphone, has left the company and at the moment I am not sure if the definition is still accurate. (At the beginning these ā€œFairphoners, who can give technical supportā€ were called Fairphone Angels.)

4 Likes

Two vague thoughts.

1. The first requirement is, of course, the willingness of the person to serve as a local Fairphone helper ā€“ it might sound stupid because itā€™s so obvious, but given my other thought it is becoming important, I think.

2. It seems to me that individually vetting people is not just difficult, it could also create bad blood at times. Suggestion: Use the badges here as a reference point (this would need further specification, of course). This explains why I stressed point 1 ā€“ if we use the badges as a point of reference, we need to avoid that people become ā€œelevatedā€ to Fairphone helpers against their will.

5 Likes

Continue here:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/local-technical-support-by-community-members-project-description/26193