Using LineageOS on the FP2

17.05.02 is not release in terms of sources i think.

Chris

This requires Fairphone’s proximity sensor tool to be installed which obviously is not included in LineageOS

1 Like

Hello, i am no longer a user of Fairphone but i also use LineageOS. I wrote an article in german for a fully opensource-Android with Lineage. Maybe its helpful for those who switch from Fairphone Open…

5 Likes

Just installed LinageOS on the new FP2 of my wife, before I handed it over to her.
Update worked great, but the welcome message App crashed if there is no SIM Card available. After installing a SIM it worked quite well.

I noticed one thing with the current build (20170615): When connecting to a WiFi during first start up, the assistant app crashes. The only way to finish the setup assistant was not to use WiFi. Later there was no problem to connect to the WiFi.
I came from a GAPPS free Fairphone Open OS and used the howto mentioned in the first post to change to Lineage.

I want to use microG instead of GAPPS, how can I install Xposed or is there any other option to get signature spoofing to work?

There is no working xposed version available for android 7 / nougat.

There is Tingle (Level 5 - Step 1a in the installanyapp guide)

went through all steps of LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2 in a a couple of minutes, works like a charm. Did an OTA update, what worked perfectly.
There is only one thing, TWRP ask me to update the app, shall I do it?

+1
Same for me, only one SIM is working.

it’s not only Lineage OS, what cannot install netflix, since they changed their policy in regard to customized devices.
However according to post on xda, it seems to be an workaround available.
That is good news but v13 of Magisk is still in beta some FP2 lineage OS user has to test it first, further information can be found in the Magisk section on xda.

1 Like

since you are the maintainer of the FP2 TWRP, I may ask you directly.
Iwent through all steps of LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2 in a a couple of minutes, works like a charm. Did an OTA update, what worked perfectly.
There is only one thing, TWRP constantly ask me to update the app, shall I do it?

Yeah it’s a “feature” of TWRP to prompt to install their closed-source app… There should a tickbox with that dialog to never show that again. Alternatively you can go into the setting menu in TWRP and check to not prompt to install the app.

1 Like

thx, so I won’t update it and go into the setting menu in TWRP and check to not prompt to install the app

Thanks for the update, everything works very well and the battery life is much longer than before (with FP Open), which is just great :slight_smile: I just have to report this : notifications don’t appear on the lock screen, and when I set it up (password, PIN code, etc.), it is not possible to set up how they will appear (this feature doesn’t even seem to exist).

Ok, this is awesome ! Lineage works perfectly on my device! Thanks a lot :smiley:

The only problem I have, and it is Lineage, not FP, is the camera. I can’t set OpenCamera as default camera, so when I use the camera button, it is stock apk that is launched.

If you don’t use the default camera at all just disable it.

1 Like

I can’t with Lineage, or I don’t find how.
The only thing that works is to freeze the stock apk using TitaniumPro.

I did as advised (there isn’t anything setting in the TWRP App) but google play still list it.
Any idea how to get rid of it?

Just go to Settings → Apps → 3 dots in the top right corner → show system

The “Deactivate” button is grey for this app, I can’t use it on my phone :-/
Anyway, with Titanium it works, thanks :slight_smile: