Update FP3R.A.099

Continuing the discussion from Google Play system update stuck at February 2021:

Finally a new update. Does anyone know what has been changed? It hasn’t arrived for me yet.

6 Likes

Regarding changes, here’s what’s mentioned:

This update includes:

• Camera performance improvements
  • Fingerprint sensor performance improvements
7 Likes

I wish they were more explicit about those improvements and to what state they are working towards. I guess that’s a question for support.

1 Like

Roaming and Wi-Fi Calling was again disabled after installing this update. Already happend with the previous update…

2 Likes

What do you mean by disabled? Is it completely inaccessible, or do you just need to re-enable it?

1 Like

latter :wink:

1 Like

I just need to reenable them.

2 Likes

Build number after application and reboot: FP4.FP3R.A.099.20220112
Security update still shows December 5, 2021
Play System update doesnt show stuff, but wants to reboot once more immediately. Maybe well have newer stuff then.

p.s. confirmed: after this second reboot triggered by the google play system update (app/sub-app), its state is shown as January 1, 2022. No further updates at the moment when checking security update or google play system update applets.

1 Like

Yeah, Google Play updates are fixed. Other than that, I don’t really see any improvements. I didn’t have any problem with the fingerprint sensor and it seems to me that it works exactly the same. I was hoping they would at least fix the location of photos taken with the stock camera app, but it’s still broken. I’m really curious what’s actually changed.

3 Likes

It would really be nice if the release notes were a bit more detailed.

7 Likes

Roaming was disabled for me as well, but both VoLTE and WiFi calling were still turned on.

also, the whole update experience was very strange, check here for details.

Hi, update(s) once manually started went smooth. Location data of the stock camera app seem to be stored correctly now in my case. First I switched the app permissions off and on again, same for the switch for storing location data.

Anyone else noticing that the OIS options in video mode (stock camera app) are gone after the update?

No luck in my case. I’ve tried everything, even clearing cache and storage of the app (effectively resetting the app to the default state). Location is still shifted by hundreds of meters. GCam works fine.

OIS is a HW feature. Do you mean the “super anti-shake”? In that case yeah, it looks like it’s gone. But it’s now easier to access the full range of the ultra-wide camera using the icon next to “1.0x”. Unfortunately, accessing it disables EIS and it has to be reenabled in settings. Oh my god, this is getting messy. :smiley:

3 Likes

Strange. My stock cameras version is v2.0.019(01101800-01).
Have you tried to reset the app to factory values? I will do further testing tomorrow and report.

I have the same version, that shouldn’t be the problem. Is there any other way to “reset” the app other than clearing its storage and cache?

AFAIK you were able to disable OIS before the update, or am I wrong? Now you don’t know if it is still enabled or not, because the respective icon is gone.

The fingerprint scanner is vastly better for me. Now when it fails it doesn’t fly through all remaining attempts almost instantly. It also seems to be much better at recognising in the first place although I wouldn’t have expected software to influence that.

The camera quality is slightly improved. Now the pictures it takes are similar to third party camera apps. Which is still very different from what you get from Gcam, but I’m fine with that.

OIS (optical image stabilization) is a physical HW feature which is built directly into the lens of the main camera. I doubt you could disable it in software. So it should be permanently on.

What’s missing in this version is the super anti-shake feature, which basically just applied EIS (electronic image stabilization) to the ultra-wide camera. Now it’s impossible to record a stabilized video using the ultra-wide camera.

1 Like