Google Play system update stuck at February 2021

I know, the evil empire can do a lot

Let’s not oversimplify, yes Google has become too big. But without Google there would be no Android and thus no Fairphone. Google also heavily sponsors other open-source projects.

1 Like

Yes, they can do a lot

positive as well as negative :wink:

1 Like

Have received an update from Fairphone today on this issue. They have identified the cause of this and will be including in an update which they are aiming for January to fix.

15 Likes

Hi,
I have had my phone for about a month but only switched over to it in the last few days. This is my first fairphone and I switched due to receiving updates for the next 5 years as my old phone stopped getting these.

I have the December security update but my Google play system update is still at Feb 21, is this usual for fairphone? Is there a fix to force an update?

See the reply by @Chris_R (Google Play system update stuck at February 2021 - #18 by Chris_R). It should be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have no idea how I missed that as it was the last comment?
Is there a usual time of the month that updates get pushed out?

No.      

@UPPERCASE I had the same issue. After updating to FP3R.A.099 (which isn’t present yet in the Release Notes webpage) the Play System update changed to the October 2021 version and after checking for updates it detected and updated to the January 2022 version. :+1:

Let’s hope FP will release a new update for the FP4 as well.

That update was for the Fairphone 4.

For some reason FP4 updates have the FP3 name.

2 Likes

That was the December update, right? That one didn’t fix it for me. There hasn’t been another update, right? I returned my FP4 a few weeks ago and I hope they can fix the many issues like this one soon. But I can only dedicate myself to it when the phone is usable.

Oh @Andre_F is right, finally a new system update
:tada:

2 Likes

No, the December update was FP3Q.A.094. The update I’m talking about is FP3R.A.099. If anything it’s the February update.

3 Likes

Here is the link to the ota.zip (A.094 → A.099) for anyone interested.
Beware: Untested, don’t sideload if you don’t know what you’re doing.

2 Likes

will never understand why people sitting on information cant provide them. thumbs down.

I have updated successfully and now I have the February google play update but my security update shows December 2021, I thought my phone already showed this so thought this would now show January or February 2022.

Anybody else show December 2021?

Yes, everybody on the A.099 version has Android patchlevel December 2021.

2 Likes

And today we got the bump to the January Play store system updates. Happy days!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.