šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

We now have three new Angels on the #communitymap : Amsterdam / @JeroenH , LiĆØge / @oli.sax (being the first in :belgium: Belgium!) and Paris / @jaymanu ! :tada:

PS.: Someone should add up the number of people we potentially reach in all of Europe by now. :nerd_face:

12 Likes

We have reached :tada: 25 heavens :tada: with our latest intake Berlin (@schmulschubiak)! :angel:

11 Likes

Hi everybody,

Iā€™ve been thinking about maybe becoming an angel for the Antwerp area :slight_smile: I saw on the map thereā€™s nobody (yet) and Iā€™m very happy about the phone, the community support and the overall work of fairphone so why not advocate it a bit more!

I havenā€™t done any repairs myself but I would be happy to assist if anybody needs the help :p. Donā€™t know what the other requirements are but I guess having someone there to help can always be a plus?

Anyway, if anyone can inform me what or how the process to become an :angel: that would be great!

Thanks!

12 Likes

Count me in for the Antwerp Heaven :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A new Fairphone powerhouse rising :sunglasses:

Give organizing a meetup a thought, too. It would be so nice if the intimidating abundance of the German flag in the Community Agenda would be diluted a bit!

On a second thought, hm, the colours arenā€™t that diff- ā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

The requirement is that you feel up to the task of meeting up with others. Many people are simply afraid of breaking something and your confidence helps a lot in such situations. :slight_smile:

I will add you to the Fairphone Angels and contact you in our hidden forum section. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everybody,

I would like to become an angel for Hannover (Germany). I saw an empty spot there on the map and Iā€™d like to fill it. :wink:

I have the FP2 and I like the phone very much, the community support and the work of fairphone. I am somekind of an Android power user and I am a beta user of Android 7 (FP OS 18.08.1).

I can demonstrate the FP2 in person and I can solve software problems or anything else that can be solved locally. Until now I havenā€™t done any repairs of my FP2, but I know how to repair other mobiles and laptops* and Iā€™d be happy to assist if anybody needs help.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

*) Okay, that depends very much on the device. How much are the individual parts glued together and can it be opened easily and without breaking anything etc. But thatā€™s not a problem of the FP. :wink:

11 Likes

Hi, @datenteiler, great! :smiley: Iā€™ll add you to the Fairphone Angels and contact you via PM. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello World,
I would like to join the Angels in Erfurt, Germany !
I have a Fairphone 2 since two years and allready change all the modules by myself.
I like to help people and to solve problems, when i can.

Also I would like to try to share the ā€œspiritā€ of Fairphone in my area.

Let me know and thanks !

Enjoy !

10 Likes

Cool, Iā€™ll add you to the Fairphone Angels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
Can I join ā€œFairphone Angelsā€ ?
I live near Grenoble, where I organize a monthly Install Party event.
I want to spread the word for Fairphoners that it is also a place to share experiences!

9 Likes

Of course! :smile: Adding you to the Fairphone Angels. Youā€™ll soon receive a PM with further instructions. :slight_smile:

Hej @ModularKing ā€¦ seems like there is interest in your Kingdom :wink:

2 Likes

Hello
IĀ“m living in Cham/Zug, Switzerland and i think we could need a FP Angel here too. IĀ“m interested in FP OS and Lineage OS i could give support in german and english language. Please let me know, if i can become an Angel :wink:

6 Likes

Hi @Patrick_Becker, great, youā€™ll be the first Faiphone Angel in Switzerland! :smiley: Iā€™ll add you to the Fairphone Angels and you will receive further instructions soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hallo Stefan

Ich schreibe mal in Deutsch, einfach weil es mir leichter fƤllt :wink:

Ich wĆ¼rde auch gerne einen Fairphone Angel werden. Dann sind wir schon zu zweit in der Schweiz. :blush: Da ich halb in ZĆ¼rich und halb in Zizers (nahe Chur) wohne, kann ich theoretisch gut in beiden Regionen unterstĆ¼tzen.

L. G. Lukas

7 Likes

Cool, adding you right now. :blush:

Hei Stefan

you can add me, too.
I live in Fladungen, which is somewhere between Meiningen and Fulda. (Rhƶn)

4 Likes

Iā€™m not really sure what you are trying to say. Do you want to become a Fairphone Angel? If not, these topics might interest you: #australia

@Stefan: I understood him as following: He asked whether there is actually an Angel in Australia who can help him.

@ThyBlogger: If you are seeking personal help, please specify in which region of Australia you are. If you are from Darwin, a helper from Melbourne wonā€™t be beneficial for you.

So, heavens are usually not covering an entire country, but are regional and normally named after a city.

Currently, there are no heavens outside of Europe. Maybe you will have luck if you ask for help in our Australian topic, but again: Mention your region because Australia is big.

3 Likes