Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hello World !
My Name is Milo and i’m living in central Germany, Thüringen.
Im a ecological farmer and i lead a garden based on CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) -> Food need to be fair too ! :wink:
I have a Fairphone 2 since two years and i love it (even there are problems from time to time -> so it’s never boring !)
Im here to help, exchange and learn ! (sorry for my bad english)
Enjoy ! :wink:

11 Likes

Herzlich willkommen! You might not know yet there’s also a Fairphone Angel in Thuringia (Erfurt/Gotha) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

My name is Sue and I currently live in Tangier Morocco but will be returning to Tasmania Australia in the next 2 years. I was pleased to see the Fairphone works in Morocco which is at least reasonably close to Europe for purchase of my first Fairphone. Australia, on the other hand is a little further away particularly for replacement parts etc. So I have time to gather together the cash for purchase and to see how things shape up in Australia.
Looking forward to reading community stories and information.
Cheers
Sue

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @lunasea You might be interested in the #australia topics. :slight_smile:

hi there, i’m verena from switzerland, owning a fp2 (one of the first) for 2 and a half years now. still love the ideas behind this project and hope it will further evolve and be “copied” by bigger companies around the world.
all the best

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @vaubee! Seems that Swiss Fairphoners are gaining track in the Fairphone movement, even more so with the new #fairphoneangels in Zug/Zürich and Chur. :smiley:

4 Likes

thanks for the information/link!

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Peter and I live on the Isle of Wight, UK. I’m 51 and I have owned a Fairphone 2 for about a year.
I put UBPorts on it some time back, and enjoyed that, but found it a little limiting, if beautiful, so I have now installed FairphoneOS and am very excited by it. After a year of tinkering and learning, I have finally set up a home Nextcloud server, and have a completely Google-free Android setup on my FP2, with calendar, contacts, to-do lists and media uploads and streaming all available on it. I feel very smug.
:triumph:
I joined the forum because I’m looking for ways to install apps that aren’t on F-Droid. In particular, I miss BBC iplayer.
I love my Fairphone and am saving up to buy one for my wife.
Best wishes to everyone and keep up the good work,
Pete

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @danceswithcats! :slight_smile: We have a whole tag dedicated to livingwogoogle :slight_smile:

For this question in particular you should look into Yalp Store, which can be downloaded from F-Droid.

3 Likes

Thanks, Stefan. I’ve done that and have got the even better new app, BBC Sounds, installed. I can now listen to BBC live radio, podcasts and listen again programmes. I’ve missed being able to do that on UBPorts. Wonderful.
BTW, I like your I:heart:Jesus tag. Me too!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I have just decided to join the forum after few months of ownership over a Fairphone 2 running FP Open OS. I am quite happy with it and I have had no particular issues so far. I updated it to Android 7.1.2. smoothly (although encryption required a little tweak).

I am based in south of France for now, but I am going to travel for one year in Japan from the beginning of next year. It will be the opportunity to test the FP2 on the road. It should be alright though regarding network compatibility thanks to the information provided on the forum.

Finally, thank you for this community, and I’m happy to be part of it!

:smiley:

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @anon89700630! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am Barbara from Austria and a brand new fairphone user. mine came yesterday and i am trying to set it up over the weekend…
Thanks to all of you for your forum-postings, since it might help me a lot figuring out how to make it the best experience!
All the best for the coming festivities and the new year!
Barbara

6 Likes

Hey Barbara, welcome to the Fairphone Forum! :slight_smile: I hope you know the Austrian Fairphoners already? :smiley:
You too hava a Merry Christmas! :blush:

4 Likes

Danke für den Hinweis! Hab gleich den Newsletter bestellt :slight_smile:
Frohe Weihnachten!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Diane living in Tokyo, Japan. I just got a used FP2 (from a relative who updated to a newer FP) and I could connect it to the network. I just inserted my Mineo sim card (it’s a low cost telecom company using NTT Docomo network for a fraction of the price, using sim-unlocked phones), setup the APN and tadaa ! I’m very happy with it so far! My 6 years old previous smartphone broke in December and I didn’t want to buy a new phone while it was still working fine. Finally it broke, haha. Anyways, many (closed) discussions on the forum asked if FP would work in Japan, it does.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Diane! :slight_smile:

Do you have LTE/4G connection? See: Planned support for more LTE bands

I replied on the link you shared. Probably not, I only get a H symbol, not LTE, but it is sooo fast I have zero lag at all.

1 Like

Hi!

I am Sebastian, I am born in Graz, the second biggest city in Austria. I live in Vienna.

I am very interested in sustainability, therefore the fairphone was the best choice for me.

I am optimistic that our society will find its way to sustainability.

The first stepstone ist for me finding sustainable happiness - for me possible with knowledge and consciousness about oxytocin, and other happiness hormones.

Another important part for me is perma culture - a way of sustainable grown food.

Last but not least, dignity is for me the most important value, that helps me find peace, freedom and community - Gerald Hüther’s concept about dignity expresses my feelings about it.

I am greatful to having you in this community,

have a nice time with your fairphone and enjoy your life!

Greetings,

Sebastian

8 Likes

When we meet up to fix your phone you should meet my mother. She can’t stop talking about Gerald Hüther. :wink:

1 Like