šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

@Antoine Great, Iā€™ve added you to the Fairphone Angels! :smiley:

@benjasso Would it be fine for you to create a heaven in Erfurt or is it too difficult to reach that for you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Stefan
What am I expected to do?
I am working in Erfurt, so I can help help people in Erfurt too. But mainly I want to focus on Gotha.

2 Likes

Usually we take a city and draw a 30km circle around it. Thatā€™s basically the action radius of a Fairphone Angel. The reason is that a city usually is good to reach for everyone in that radius, while a small town isnā€™t as well connected.

Putting the center of your ā€œaction radiusā€ in Erfurt would also make cooperation easier with other Fairphoners that might be in the city region. There arenā€™t sooo many FPers around so this will increase your chances.

You arenā€™t expected to do anything. Fairphone Angels always operate voluntarily and if someone needs help and you cannot meet up in Erfurt, they will have to come to Gotha of course.

Still I would welcome if we had a heaven in Erfurt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with putting the center to Erfurt. As I wrote, I am usually several days a week in Erfurt.

Meeting someone to do something Fairphone related is of course possible.

5 Likes

Great, making you a Fairphone Angel in a moment! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™m located in OrlĆ©ans and Toulouse (France).
Iā€™m an electronic amateur and I know very well the FP2 (both hardware and software) and a little bit less the FP1.
If you could pin me as an angel it would be very nice (I got some extra modules, spare parts, etc.) Iā€™m also contributing to this YT channel about FP.

Sincerely
ThƩo

8 Likes

Sounds great! I didnā€™t know that there was such YT channel! :smiley:

There is, we try to make content to help other Fairphoners. There is a lot of ideas but we donā€™t have so much time each. Work in progress.

1 Like

You can maybe open a thread in the forum and post each new video you publish, :slight_smile:. That way other users can follow you here and reference your videos here and in other places.
You can do that in your mother tonge, of course.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a great idea. Idk however if many French Fairphoners are here but itā€™s worth the shot. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There are at least 72 topics in French at the moment: #:fr: You can even follow this tag.

3 Likes

Very nice, thank you !

Salut Antoine !
Si ce nā€™est dĆ©jĆ  fait, sache que tes compĆ©tences techniques et ta pĆ©dagogie seront hautement bienvenues sur la page du groupe facebook constituĆ©e par la communautĆ© francophone des utilisateurs de FairPhone !
Alors, Ơ bientƓt ? :smile:

2 Likes

Jā€™en suis membre ! Pas sĆ»r dā€™avoir de rĆ©volutionnaires compĆ©tences techniques, mais ce sera avec plaisir !

1 Like

Hi! Just a quick message to let you know that 2 of the 3 FP1s we received from Fairphone in the Bilbao Angels group (@dieguich and me) are ā€œcontinueing their lifeā€.

The screen of one of them has given new life to an unused FP1 owned by Marion, a french woman I met during my work (she has created a new company in Bilbao that tries to avoid the use of plastic products www.sinplastico.com).

The other is now being usted by an FP2 owner (Guillermo, researcher of Conflict Free Technology) that has sent his FP2 to Amsterdam to solve some technical problems.

Last wednesday @dieguich and me took part, together with Guillermo, in a talk, to spread the world about Fairphone. Diego also talked in the regional radio. As a consequence, more fairphoners living near Bilbao have put in contact with us.

Movement goes on!!

10 Likes

This is great news. Thank you for sharing it with us! I love that @dieguich went to the :radio:!!! :sunglasses: :muscle: :grin:

2 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m located in Amsterdam area, studying in Amersfoort.
Speaking English, Dutch, some Spanish and German.
Expertise: security / pentesting, networking, Linux CLI, Python programming, and of course software. Hardware not so much.

At this time of writing I got some FP2 spare parts lying around (screen, v1 camera modules, battery at 85% power, cases) but Iā€™m going to bring them to Fairphone HQ for recycling/resale somewhere in the '18 summer.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great, I will add you to the Fairphone Angels immediately! :smiley:

Maybe you can stop by when all the other Fairphoners from around Europe are at Amsterdam:

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in this program too.
I live in Veneto, Italy. Iā€™m still a student so I travel between my home town and my university town, Padova.
Who can I PM for more detail ?

10 Likes

Woohoo, the first Angel in :it: Italy! :smiley: I will add you to the Fairphone Angels right now and we can then discuss the details. :slight_smile:

8 Likes