šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Hi @Stefan,

Be careful, August is the hottest period in Italy, temperature can go as high as 40 Ā°C.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be in Florence because the two weeks around Ferragosto we (the Italians) use to go on holiday.

Anyway, let me know when you come. If we canā€™t meet I can support you in finding good places to eat, Iā€™m black belt at food :grin:

Ciao,
Max

7 Likes

Hi urs_lesse,

Here is my presentation post:

Ciao,
Max

3 Likes

Hi All,
I have been a Fairphone 3 user for two years, and recently dropped my beloved Fairphone 3 in water (again) last week. I couldnā€™t find a #fairphoneangel in my area of Geneva / Ferney Voltaire to help me fix it, and so have ended up getting a Fairphone 4 today.

If the Fairphone Angel programme is still going, I would like to register as a Fairphone Angel to in my area, and if anyone can help fix my Fairphone 3 as my emergency backup I would be very grateful. I am also frequently in London. Et oui, je parle aussi courrament franƧais. Ich spreche auch deutsch.

Thanks. Merci. Danke.
Thammy

5 Likes

Hi DBovey,
Did you manage to register as a Fairphone Angel? And do you have a Fairphone 3 you could help me with. I live in Geneva/Ferney Voltaire.
Thanks
Thammy

Hi Thammy and welcome to the forum and no doubt a premature welcome to being an FPA in Geneva.

All the best.

Regarding the FP3 water damage ~ have you read and posted a request for help ā€˜thereā€™.

Maybe create a new topic and provide details of the type of water length of submersion and what you did.

1 Like

Hi Amoun,
Thanks for the quick response. Not sure where ā€˜thereā€™ is - on the #waterdamage wiki?

Apologies ~ poor directions. Just start a new topic giving details.

There is a guide

Thanks for offering to join the FP Angels program!
Would you prefer to have Ferney Voltaire or Geneva as your angels spot in the map (and the angels group will also be named after the ā€œhome townā€)?
BR,
Volker

2 Likes

I just checked the distance between both places and ā€“ given it is just 7-8 kilometres ā€“ would strongly suggest to label the heaven GENEVA.

4 Likes

Hello. I would like to become a Fairphone Angel for the Prague area (Czechia). I hope this could inspire more people from my country to try Fairphone out.

11 Likes

Thank you very much for volunteering as a new Angel in Prague!
Iā€™ve added you to the Angels group, created a new Angels ā€œHeavenā€ for Prague and sent you pm regarding the first steps into the Angels area. As soon as the Prague/Praha Angels e-mails are configured Iā€™ll inform you.
So stay tuned and keep asking in case of any questions!

6 Likes

Hello,
When I just had issues with my Fairphone 3 and the forum hadnā€™t any results yet, I was thinking itā€™d be really great if there had been an Angel (and big place like Brussels should have one).

Iā€™m not super active in the forum but I guess thatā€™s not a major deal per se? Fairphone has been my first-ever smartphone and Iā€™ve been showing the concept & principle to many people I met and asked about the phone. I figured, why not also support folks that already have one when theyā€™re in need of help. So hereby Iā€™d like to volunteer as Angel in Brussels - happy to hear about any follow-up steps if you think itā€™s a good fit.

11 Likes

Thank you very much for volunteering as a new Angel in BrĆ¼ssels!
Iā€™ve startet the ā€œonboarding processā€. Meanwhile please feel free to ask in case of any further questions.

5 Likes

@Razem and @glotzbach :
New Angels Heavens in Prague and Brussels have been fully created, so according mails should be reachable now and new dots can be found on the Angel Map :partying_face:

13 Likes

Dear @Archangels,

Iā€™m both happy and sorry to announce you that due to my move to Paris in the end of August, youā€™ll have to close the Montpellier heaven, unless there would be someone else applying for itā€¦

But I will happily continue to be an Angel in the French capital, from September onwards!

12 Likes

Sorry that Montpelier will have to be closed down, but great that youā€™ll stay as angel in Paris! :+1:
Iā€™m planning to do the organizational change end of August.

5 Likes

Hi,
I would like to become a fairphone angel in Finland.
Town where I live is called JƤrvenpƤƤ. It is about 32km from the capital city Helsinki.

Best regards,
Juhani

13 Likes

Hey Juhani! :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for volunteering as a Fairphone Angel! You should soon receive a DM from me with instructions for the boarding process :wink:
In any case, please take your time to discover the community and read over on the forum :slight_smile:
Oh, and welcome to the forum :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Juhani, I am a Finnish FairPhone owner based in the UK. I visit Helsinki regularly. Let me know if you need any help.

3 Likes

You may want to start a topic in #participate:local to regroup the Finnish Fairphoners, that we could add to the #addressbook, rather than discussing here :wink:

3 Likes