Speaker, microphone don't work after i pulled out my headphones

It’s not only the music playback that is not repeating, phone calling doesn’t work either. I experienced this issue today. Was listening to music while connected to the (Fairphone) headset and disconnected because I actually had missed a phone call since for some other reason the ringtone didn’t sound through the earphones. When I disconnected the earphones, and then I received another phone call, the phone didn’t ring - I saw the notification of the incoming call - answered the call, but I couldn’t hear the other person on the line. Re-inserting the earphones didn’t help either. Only a restart “fixed” this. Has anyone heard or seen this issue on other Android 9 devices?

2 Likes

Hello here,

I’ve the same issue. The only way to fix it is a reboot of the phone…
I tried to find the Android processus to only kill an rerun this one and not the phone itself … but I found nothing so far…

1 Like

There is another topic, I have the same problem, it isn’t fixed yet (on my phone).
audio issue

2 Likes

I have the same issue!

Why is there no bug report?

1 Like

You mean a bugtracker? Because Fairphone decided so.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I disagree.

For me as a customer a bugtracker would be extremely helpful. So workarounds could be much faster available and viewable.

2 Likes

Respectfully disagree. A bug tracker is not about workarounds or fixes. And for non-technical people it does not even add any additional transparency IMHO.

1 Like

I find those things rather essential for a bugtracker. And usually nobody forces non-technical people to use a bug tracker.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, sound stops working sometimes after unplugging headphones.

And that includes the mic. After restarting I realized a video I had recorded came with no sound :unamused:

Looks like the phone believes headphones are still in.

I had it for the first time yesterday, it couldn’t be convinced I’d taken headphones out. Can be proven by pushing headphones in and out and seeing if music playing apparently continues but doesn’t actually - it should pause on removal of headphones

So the issue is still there even after the recent update, only restart solves it. No sound after plugging in wired headphones after plugging them out, and when you take them out again or try to wiggle the headphone jack then press play and then pause you get a hissing/static sound.

1 Like

After latest update it happened like this:

1. Plug headset, listen to music
  2. Unplug while music was on => No sound
  3. Plug headset again => sound in headset

Repeated a good few times, starting and stopping music app, only restarting phone got sound back to speakers.

1 Like

This app may serve as a workaround:
(Removed link to com.gembatechnosoftt.headset_testt)
Not sure yet cause issue has not happened in a while, but it is the best option I found in play store.

1 Like

Nope, it just made it worse. I heard that clicking noise for the first time ever, and behaviour is less predictable with that app running. Uninstalled it.

I feel you. Its so embarrassing that FP has not fixed this with their updates.

Yesterday I got an email notification for my support ticket that I had raised earlier this year.
The email says that the update A.0120 “brought significant improvements” regarding my issue. I had updated to that version as soon as it was released, and in fact I didn’t have that problem in a very long time. Not sure if that is related to my habit, of first stopping playback before unplugging the headphones. I’ll try to just unplug in the future and see if the problem still persists.

4 Likes

I had it once or twice but not recently so good news here, not sure if patched out or not.

I used to have this issue, especially with phone calls, but it has been solved on my phone for a while. Not sure if it was solved with A.0120 or an earlier update.

2 Likes

Excuse moi, je comprend francais, mais c’est dificile pour moi a ecrir.
Je continue en anglais.
I found the problem is the phone is not switching between headset and external speaker/microphone. When the headset is plugged in when you are being called or when you make a call, there is no problem.
When you have used your headset (listening to music or something) and then unplug the headset, the problem will start and you will not hear or be able to speak to the other person.
Reboot works. Until you use your headset again…
I don’t have a solution yet, sorry.

I’ve moved your topic here as your problem sounds very similar to what’s written in this topic. Please check the posts above.

1 Like